Thai pharmacies urged to register as corporate pharmacies

webfact

Pharmacies urged to register as corporate pharmacies

ph.jpg

BANGKOK, 8 September 2016 (NNT) - The Revenue Department (RD) has encouraged all pharmacies across the country to register as corporate pharmacies to receive tax benefits. 

The RD and the Thai Pharmacy Development Association (TPDA) held a seminar on the globalization of Thai pharmacies in an effort to promote a government’s policy, urging ordinary businesses to become corporate entities. 

They will be entitled to several tax benefits and a reduced registration fee if they register within this year. RD Director-General Prasong Poonthanet is expected to meet with Food and Drug Administration officials late this month to discuss issues concerning the changing of ordinary partnership to juristic person for pharmacies. 

They will also talk about the development of a drug database and a software program that will allow pharmacists to keep both accounting and sales records in one place. This is to modernize the pharmaceutical industry and prepare for the national e-payment system. 

Out of 20,000 pharmacies in the country, only 2,100 of them are corporate pharmacies. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-08

In the Land of Seminars, Hubs, Forums, Workshops, Symposiums, Think Tanks yet another gabfest plus slap-up buffet lunch.

For better or worse Big Brother and Senior Military Officers are watching the pharmacies. There is more to this than meets the eye.

Edited by Brer Fox

25 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

In the Land of Seminars, Hubs, Forums, Workshops, Symposiums, Think Tanks yet another gabfest plus slap-up buffet lunch.

For better or worse Big Brother and Senior Military Officers are watching the pharmacies. There is more to this than meets the eye.

But don't forget the tax benefits said the spider to the fly.

Obviously more than meets the eye.

What is a 'corporate pharmacy' anyway? Only about 10% of them are registered in this way according to the post.

Does the government actually know how many pharmacies there are, I doubt it.

More big brother control.

Here is something I was not aware of until I had a chat with a pharmacist and that is they only need 1 year of training to open a pharmacy. Very scary in my opinion. In the UK it is 7 years before they are considered fully qualified.

13 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Here is something I was not aware of until I had a chat with a pharmacist and that is they only need 1 year of training to open a pharmacy. Very scary in my opinion. In the UK it is 7 years before they are considered fully qualified.

On the other hand many doctors decide to be a pharmacist is nicer.

21 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Not to be a qualified pharmacist and able to dispense drugs: that does require a full university degree and professional accreditation ( opening a pharmacy may be another matter but it would require the employment of someone with the tight qualification, at least in theory).

1 hour ago, maoro2013 said:

Obviously more than meets the eye.

What is a 'corporate pharmacy' anyway? Only about 10% of them are registered in this way according to the post.

Does the government actually know how many pharmacies there are, I doubt it.

More big brother control.

Might be a translational issue but it probably means pharmacy that exists as a "Company Limited" as opposed to a vast majority which are registered under the other juristic entities (partnership, etc.) and many more that are registered under persons themselves (i.e. the pharmacists name).