Chinese Tourist Visa

Has anyone applied for a tourist visa for mainland China via the Chinese Visa Service on Petchburi Road recently? I've read on Facebook that a guy just got rejected and was told to come back in a couple of weeks. Can anyone confirm that? I have already purchased a plane ticket and booked accommodation and it's my plan to go on October 8. Any information welcome.

Regards

why not go to the Chinese embassy in person ? Admittedly, it is an intimidating mess, but there are usually many "freelance agents" roaming around in front of the building or even inside which offer to help with the Visa procedure for a fee (at least it was like that in the past). I always applied for China Visas at their relaxed and hassle-free Consulate in Chiang Mai, though.

54 minutes ago, New007 said:

Is it still possible to apply for the visa at the embassy? I thought they are only accepting visa applications through the Visa Center. Anyone knows if one can apply in person at the Chinese Embassy?

As far as I'm aware you can no longer apply directly to the Chinese Embassy, you are required to apply via their Application Centre.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, guys. Went to the Chinese Visa Service this morning. Everything went smooth. I arrived at about 8:45 and there were about 10 people already waiting. They opened at 9:00 sharp. They checked all my documents at the counter and gave me a queue card. Waited about 5 minutes and It was my turn. Sat down, the girl checked the documents again and 5 minutes later I got my ticket to pick my visa up next Monday. Everything was done at 9:18. No further questions asked. Great experience.

• Like 1