Bar Owners

erco

Hi, there, Ms. Cutie: (Or is it Mrs, Miss or what?)

I guess if I said it about women, then, gee...I must have meant women.

I would never take my kitty cat to the golf course either. :o

Just wanted to make sure, Mr Chuck. It did sound like you were talking about pets. Thank God my darling doesn't think like you. If I fell pregnant, and he kept me at home while he was cruising all girlie bars, ... sweetheart, the duck's getting hungry..

PS. Do I really have to tell you how to use "Ms", "Miss" and "Mrs" ?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my two baht worth....

Women should be kept at home.....barefoot and pregnant.....and OFF the golf courses.

Except for those girls that work in bars!!! :o

epc

I like your posting, but it is addressed to the wrong woman in the wrong thread and wrong topic, too.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9736

I made a new thread with poll about the FOREIGN radial feminist in Thailand -

I am still missing your support there.....why not? check it out!

Great place to argue there about all and everything......

Thank you

Johann

PS. Do I really have to tell you how to use "Ms", "Miss" and "Mrs" ?

Perhaps do explain it.

I understand in ancient times there have been only unmarried (Miss) and married

(Mrs.)

Much later some of the ladies were not sure if they were Miss or Mrs. so they started calling themself 'MMMsss'. (Difficult to pronounce.)

Boon Mee'

Can you describe a little about how the Old Missisippi was in the old days?

I have wild memories about Olongapo in the Phillipines 1971 -72.

We would get leave there occassionaly.

We called it Dodge City. Dirt streets, wooden sidewalks swinging doors on the bars.

It was a great time for women. "drinkin' piss and brawlin'."

I was 19. Seems like a dream now.

Love to hear about Patpong 1 in the old days. How muck was a ST? :o

Perhaps do explain it.

I understand in ancient times there have been only unmarried (Miss) and married

(Mrs.)

Much later some of the ladies were not sure if they were Miss or Mrs. so they started calling themself 'MMMsss'. (Difficult to pronounce.)

Ms. (pronounced mizz) is a title used with the last name of a woman. Unlike the more traditional titles Miss and Mrs., it does not bear any reference to the woman's marital status, as Mr. does not for a man.

Although it is usually believed to be a creation of modern feminism, Ms. was sporadically used as an abbreviation for the title "Mistress" (just like Mrs.) as early as the 1700s, and the pronunciation mizz for Mrs. was colloquial in the American South and other areas. Indeed "Mistress" originally did not bear reference to marital status either, until the title separated into the diminutive "Miss" and abbreviation "Mrs." in the Victorian era.

Its usage was championed as non-sexist language beginning in the 1970s, especially in business usage, by those who argue that a woman's marital status is of no relevance in such a context. Starting in the 1970s, many women insisted on being called Ms. for political reasons, and a major feminist magazine is named Ms. Magazine.

The Times (US) states in its style guide that "Ms is nowadays fully acceptable when a woman wants to be called thus, or when it is not known for certain if she is Mrs or Miss."

The Guardian (UK) states in its style guide that: "We use whichever the woman in question prefers: with most women in public life (Ms Booth, Mrs May, Miss Widdecombe) that preference is well known; if you don't know, try to find out; if that proves impossible, use Ms".

Although some socially conservative women object to the use of Ms., the title is now standard, especially in business -- and where one may not know or find relevant the marital status of the woman so addressed. The title Miss is now considered quite old-fashioned -- except for actresses and entertainers, and sometimes for young girls. The title Mrs. is still in common use, especially by women who have taken their husband's family name.

Several public opponents of "nonsexist language", such as William Safire, were convinced that Ms. had earned a place in English by the case of Geraldine A. Ferraro. Ms. Ferraro, a United States vice presidential candidate in 1984, was a married woman who went by her birth surname rather than her husband's (Zaccaro). Safire pointed out that it would be equally incorrect to call her "Miss Ferraro" or "Mrs. Ferraro" -- or to confuse the reader by calling her "Mrs. Zaccaro"!

In other languages, nonsexist usage in this regard usually amounts to using the equivalent of Mrs. (madame, se?ora, Frau) for both married and unmarried women. This makes sense as these titles are usually the direct feminine equivalents of the male titles, whereas the equivalent of Miss is a diminutive.

I've used it once in a while. Not that because I am not sure about my marital status, but just want to confuse people. :o

Mrs. Cutie:

I will assume since you have a darling, you also have a marriage certificate, thereby earning you the honored title of "Mrs.". You will be addressed appropriately by me in the future.

I must admit, however reluctantly, that I am one of those dinosaurs known as a "male chauvinist pig". I think women, much as children, should be seen and not heard most of the time. I have been unlucky in love, thereby causing me to have this somewhat archaic attitude about the fairer sex. I enjoy opening doors for ladies, holding their chair for them and arising from the dinner table when they enter or exit the scene. I will also refuse to open those same doors for a woman that is not a lady, thereby causing them consternation. That having been said, I tend to scratch where it itches and have been known to pass gas in an elevator for a little excitement (I lead a dull life).

The ducks can forage elsewhere for dinner tonight. :o

Yohan:

If you want to cut and paste this to your thread, please feel free to. I don't know how.

Boon Mee/Goat Roper:

Don't forget the Grand Prix and Cloud Nine.

I will also refuse to open those same doors for a woman that is not a lady, thereby causing them consternation.

Interesting comment, Chuckd but a bit incomplete.

How do you define a lady and a non lady?

It must be a visual thing since we are talking about keeping doors open or not here.

Please, enlighten us.

It comes with many years of practice, Mr. ...er, Mrs.....er Ms....Bluecat. What are you anyway?

When you have seen as many moons pass as I have, then deciphering who to open the door for becomes automatic. It takes many years of practice and more than a little whiskey.

Primarily if the Lady smiles and nods her head at the open door, it remains open. If not....not. If she has a little twinkle in her eye, the chair is pulled back for her. If not....not. It is not a precise science.

Well, you get the picture. Don't you? :o

Mr Chuck..

You know, you remind me of the former love of my life. He also opened doors and stuff. Oh well, good old days...

Anyway, I'll tell you what, my marital status is still "single". My darling is still not 100% sure if he is ready to have the Mrs now. So, you can stick with "Ms". Kind of like it. It looks pretty confusing. :o

Anyway, I'll tell you what, my marital status is still "single".

Guys, there is hope :o

BTW Mizz (I like this double z) sorry to have kept you busy checking all this encyclopedia-stuff.

BTW Mizz (I like this double z) sorry to have kept you busy checking all this encyclopedia-stuff.

Looks cool, doesn't it? No problem with the searching. Great to know it for a fact anyway. :o

Yes, LovelyCutie, looks cool. You did not comment to "Guys, there is hope"

and I hoped so much that there is hope.

What are you doing on the computer at 1:00 am BKK-time? Where is your darling.

Anyway, compliments, I like your style, but seems I have to move to enemy-country, MizzNina is radically active tonight :o

Oh, I am so sorry I forgot that part. Ah.. well, as long as my darling hasn't got down on his knee, there is sure hope. (Oh, honey, sorry, but you know.. I'm getting old!) :o

My darling hasn't moved back to Thailand yet, Axel. And thanks for your compliments.

Anyway, I've noticed the mentioned thread. But I do not have enough Xanax tonight. So, I will check it again tomorrow. Have fun there. :D

Boon Mee'

Can you describe a little about how the Old Missisippi was in the old days?

I have wild memories about  Olongapo in the Phillipines 1971 -72.

We would get leave there occassionaly.

We called it Dodge City.  Dirt streets, wooden sidewalks swinging doors on the bars.

It was a great time for women. "drinkin' piss and brawlin'."

I was 19.  Seems like a dream now.

Love to hear about Patpong 1 in the old days.  How muck was a ST? :D

The Mississippi Queen was the spot in all of Patpong back in the 70's. It was in Patpong one, second or third one in on the left from Suriwong Rd. The thing I remembered most was the expanse of the place...it was huge with at least two bars, old west-type double doors as you entered (or were thrown out). Outstanding sound, chicks & booze...everything a man could call heaven! :o

I will also refuse to open those same doors for a woman that is not a lady, thereby causing them consternation.

Interesting comment, Chuckd but a bit incomplete.

How do you define a lady and a non lady?

It must be a visual thing since we are talking about keeping doors open or not here.

Please, enlighten us.

He is on about ladyboys...

I made a new thread with poll about the FOREIGN radial feminist in Thailand -

Thank you

Johann

Sorry, can't find the poll, but there is a very similar one already.

So now it is only one feminist, and she is radial and already in L.oL.

Or is it a poll about the radiant feminine in Thailand? Axel please help out!?

-, and her interracial marriage?

So now it is only one feminist, and she is radial and already in L.oL.

Or is it a poll about the radiant feminine in Thailand? Axel please help out!?

-, and her interracial marriage?

natee1, radiant feminine is the catchword of the hour.

The radical thing I am still studying but n ot sure if it is worthwhile the effort.

Yohan:

If you want to cut and paste this to your thread, please feel free to.  I don't know how.

Hi, Chuckd,

Thank you for your posting on the *radical feminist in Thailand thread*, it is written in a very polite, informative and friendly style....

About marriage and divorce:

I have understandings for all men, who had bad luck with women, despite their good intentions. While unlucky relationship for women is in most cases free of charge and for some even a lucrative fun, it is always the man, who pays the invoice out of it and nobody cares about. This might happen to any man, even if he had the best intentions.

Most men feel somehow wrongly ashamed to talk about, while women make a big outcry in tears. - This makes the difference...

It is the RISK solely of the man, and with risky situations, you have to be careful.

Nobody will help you to share the risk and the follow-up invoice (more the opposite) - so nobody should criticise you for being - what I would call - very cautious.

I consider the RISK out of a marriage one rather important reason, that a man prefers to relay more on happy hours with some girls, and pays per hour.

Sounds so respectless, but makes sense to me....

Johann

natee 1:

Exactly what has your panties in a twist about my post?

If you don't like it, just say so. You might offer some constructive remarks but from what I have seen, you are only capable of the one liners.

I am a relative newbie to posting on this site but we can start a flaming war if you wish. If you decide to have a little get-together, try to use two or three syllable words. They make you appear so much more intelligent.

Johan:

I don't know where you got the idea I thought the p4p scene was a "risk" to me. Far from it.

I have had a bad marriage from which I got a lovely daughter, who I am raising now. I got custody of the daughter and the debts. My ex-wife got the assets. This can happen anywhere and is not a product of the p4p scene. My ex-wife has paid a much harder price than I have. She had wasted the assets on her motorcycle taxi boyfriend in a matter of three months, was pregnant and he had kicked her out. My daughter and I now have a new home and we are fat, dumb and happy.

I no longer look for any relationships that require more than a few hours of committment. That's about all I am capable of.

Johan:

I don't know where you got the idea I thought the p4p scene was a "risk" to me.  Far from it.

I have had a bad marriage from which I got a lovely daughter, who I am raising now.  I got custody of the daughter and the debts.  My ex-wife got the assets..........

Sorry, that you misunderstood my comment,

It was referring to MARRIAGE and DIVORCE.........

and the important word RISK is a reference to MARRIAGE....

pure luck for the man....so often better off with a woman for some hours only.

There was a discussion on the other thread, that the man is always the bad side, cheating the woman and the poor and helpless one is the woman with the child as a leftover....(posted by natee1, by the way)

There are some men too, who have to take care of their children....

No woman will ever consider or respect that....

I will re-edit the text a bit, to make it clear....

Johann

natee 1:

If you don't like it, just say so.  You might offer some constructive remarks but from what I have seen, you are only capable of the one liners. 

I am a relative newbie to posting on this site but we can start a flaming war if you wish.  If you decide to have a little get-together, try to use two or three syllable words.  They make you appear so much more intelligent.

Read his replies to my postings....

Seems he has nothing in his mind except to post *something*

Time-waste ......

Johann

natee 1:

If you don't like it, just say so. You might offer some constructive remarks but from what I have seen, you are only capable of the one liners.

I am a relative newbie to posting on this site but we can start a flaming war if you wish. If you decide to have a little get-together, try to use two or three syllable words. They make you appear so much more intelligent.

Sorry, I was just cracking a joke. Your posting was a joke, too, wasn't it?

I am not capuble of spelling 2 sylabule words when I am chuking with laughter.

O.k., maybe you were not joking, then you are right, I do not like what you said.

Post sensible, thought out arguments and you will get a serious reply.

I consider the RISK out of a marriage one rather important reason, that a man prefers to relay more on happy hours with some girls, and pays per hour.

Sounds so respectless, but makes sense to me....

Johann

I thought it would.

The psychoactive medication you get from your doc in Japan should be taken with caution, Herr Johann !