how can i book this - visa required to vietnam

pumpjack

im in thailand, i want to fly from bkk to saigon then back to phnom penn then from phnom penn an overland to koh chang then back to bkk.

though i have tried to book a oneway flight from bkk to saigon but its asking me for  visa status etc, i need a return flight but really do not want to return straight to bkk,  i want to go through and see PP  then onto BKK.

help

IF you ask someone else to spend time, give FULL info-like WHICH airline that was.

Assuming you are not averse to low-cost flites, then go to airasia and they ask for nothing. Alternatives; Vietjet.

HCMC-PnPn is best done by bus-some 12+ companies and about 6-7 hrs, in fact there are hardly any flites.

If the hurdle then still seems unsurmountable: do reverse-go first to the Khmer (visum on arrival=pay US$ cash) and there apply for the fastest VN visa there is-and fly back from HCMC. IF you can manage a trip like this, you surely have enough brains to think about planB

In fact that old trustful: a guidebook-would also have answered much already.

also try: movetocambodia.com for detailed and idiot-proof info on about anything there

Are you aware of the up-to-date visa requirements for Vietnam? Certain countries now do not require visas for short tourist entry.

Certainly for UK passport holders a visa is no longer required. A UK friend of mine entered HCMC 2 weeks ago with no visa. He did say that the check-in staff were unaware of this and had to confirm with a supervisor.

I went to VN a couple of years ago. Not sure if it's changed but you have two methods. One, you get a "visa on arrival" but there is a long wait at the airport. The second method is you get a visa at the VN Embassy BKK first. Drop passport off in morning and get it back in the afternoon. or next day. Then upon arrival, VN you basically walk through with no waiting.