Motorcycle taxi riders attack man for telling them to get out of the bicycle lane

rooster59

So, we're told that the two riders caught on the video turned themselves in to Bang Seu police where they were interviewed by none other than commander Sanit Mahathavorn of the Metropolitan Police.

Woopie! As Mahathavorn is involved, DON'T expect anything resembling proper justice to happen!

Back in November 2015 the then-Acting Metropolitan Police chief Mahathavorn was given three months to solve Bangkok’s traffic by police chief Chaijinda. This was reported by Bangkok Post and other sources including The Phuket News (http://www.thephuketnews.com/city-police-chief-given-3-months-to-fix-bangkok-traffic-55128.php)

In March this year, Stickboy asked the question - What has happened?

<<<< Link to a disallowed site removed >>>>

The answer then, was the same as what the result will be from this incident - NOTHING!

Edited by metisdead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have said this before and I will say it again, if ever a Farang rides a motorbike on the pavement near me, he will get a very sore face. Guaranteed.

LOL When and where will you be walking?  What will you be wearing?:giggle:

22 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I may be wrong....but as far as I know, and unless there has been a change of law, it's legal to ride on the footpaths....

This is subject that has had frequent visits....

if you are referring to the Thailand Land Traffic Act, then yes, you are wrong.  Always illegal, there's been no change. 

Section 43 (400-1000B)
No driver shall drive the vehicle:

g. on a footpath without sufficient cause, except a baby-carriage or wheel-chair for sick or disabled persons

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have said this before and I will say it again, if ever a Farang rides a motorbike on the pavement near me, he will get a very sore face. Guaranteed.

"Whats the colour of the Boat House a Hereford ?????"

..... why only threaten Farang's ? are you not interested in dealing with the bigger issue at hand and single handedly taking on Thailand's motorcycling population ?