Sokha says CNRP may have no option but ‘mass demonstrations’

geovalin

Days after being sentenced to five months in jail for failing to appear for court summonses, CNRP acting president Kem Sokha yesterday said the party would have no choice but to resort to nationwide protests if their persecution by the government continues.

Speaking to supporters at party headquarters, Sokha said the court system had been used in an “unjust” way to target the party and that the CNRP had tried all options to reach a solution to the current political crisis.

“We will consider using our right to hold mass demonstrations throughout the country and in Phnom Penh,” Sokha said. “We cannot lie down, let them tie our hands and legs, close our nose and mouth till we die. Even animals will also struggle.”

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 12/09

Why do they keep on slipping this Cambodian news in here to wet our appetite? At first I thought it was about Thailand and then I realized  I was wrong after reading the following

“We will consider using our right to hold mass demonstrations throughout the country and in Phnom Penh,” Sokha said. “We cannot lie down, let them tie our hands and legs, close our nose and mouth till we die. Even animals will also struggle.”