Phuket Airport new terminal opening this week

backstairs

21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

It seems staff are using this carpark.

Any reasonably designed airport has dedicated staff parking.

Yup. Immigration cars, staff cars, taxis and rental cars are taking nearly the complete carpark. They pushing hard to avoid guests at the airport carpark.

Insane management!

Had to push 4 cars away last night to come out with my car and this on 5th floor.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing about leaving cars in N and pushing them out of the way is insane. If that's the "policy" they need to have active attendants in the park 24/7. Give them a whistle and they'll be happy as hell.

Employee parking can be a mile away with a bus running employees to and from. They could share a lot with the rental car companies. It's not rocket science. 

Fast track and coral lounge booking is still possible in the new terminal.

You will find it on the right side at checkin. MAS still has it's fast track service with Coral for business class.

Car park and normal immigration lane are super full today. What a bad performance.

20161023_083554.jpg

1 hour ago, schlog said:

Fast track and coral lounge booking is still possible in the new terminal.

You will find it on the right side at checkin. MAS still has it's fast track service with Coral for business class.

Car park and normal immigration lane are super full today. What a bad performance.

20161023_083554.jpg

Thanks for posting that. It wasn't there two weeks ago and I even asked at the lounge whether they had a booth pre-immigration and they said no.

Parking lot was full last Sunday around noon.  All levels plus double parking.  Was able to squeeze into a space on the down ramp.

When I paid my fee, receipt listed Phuket Car Rental & Travel Co., Ltd as proprietor.  Why HKT airport can't run this themselves is a question that came to mind.  But to the point here, I wonder how many of their 150 hire cars are parked semipermanently in this lot?  Its obviously free, under cover, and secure.  Any guesses?

Had to park the car also like you on the down ramp. While takeoff it came to my mind. When will we see serious static problems caused by double triple parking?

I would guess most of their cars park on 5th floor and block this floor.

Took some family to the domestic terminal yesterday. When they said they were closing the south side of the terminal I thought like half the building but it was totally shut down & passengers now go through what is signed as Terminal 2. I am guessing this was used for charter flights before. Confusion reigns as the original driving entrance is closed so now enter just before the exit then wind through part of the old car park to get to the drop off point. The only way to get to the car park building is to go around the International Terminal drop off point & then hike about 500m to Terminal 2, yesterday had to walk over rubble & steel to find a way out as it is mainly blocked off. When going back an enterprising construction worker opened a section of the fence making it slightly easier.

Check in is just inside the entrance & then proceed upstairs followed a by a lengthy walk to the actual departure hall which looks fairly large. There was an information counter up there so I asked about the shuttle bus & was told it does not run from carpark to Terminal 2, only goes to International, a walk of a "huge" 30 to 40m.

Something about pi....s up in a brewery springs to mind.

When were only going away for a few days to a week max we use the private parking place just up from the 7/11 located to the nth of the airport exit, 100b per day, they drop off and pick up, used it about 6 times to date and no probs.

They'll give your car a wash for a few extra baht.

4 hours ago, beechbum said:

When were only going away for a few days to a week max we use the private parking place just up from the 7/11 located to the nth of the airport exit, 100b per day, they drop off and pick up, used it about 6 times to date and no probs.

They'll give your car a wash for a few extra baht.

Can you please indicate where this place exactly is.

I would love to start using it as the carpark is a big mess those days.

On 2/11/2016 at 4:49 AM, Valentine said:

Took some family to the domestic terminal yesterday. When they said they were closing the south side of the terminal I thought like half the building but it was totally shut down & passengers now go through what is signed as Terminal 2. I am guessing this was used for charter flights before. Confusion reigns as the original driving entrance is closed so now enter just before the exit then wind through part of the old car park to get to the drop off point. The only way to get to the car park building is to go around the International Terminal drop off point & then hike about 500m to Terminal 2, yesterday had to walk over rubble & steel to find a way out as it is mainly blocked off. When going back an enterprising construction worker opened a section of the fence making it slightly easier.

Check in is just inside the entrance & then proceed upstairs followed a by a lengthy walk to the actual departure hall which looks fairly large. There was an information counter up there so I asked about the shuttle bus & was told it does not run from carpark to Terminal 2, only goes to International, a walk of a "huge" 30 to 40m.

Something about pi....s up in a brewery springs to mind.

I have since found out from my daughter who works at the airport that a shuttle does apparently run from International to Domestic.

15 hours ago, beechbum said:

Airport parking.jpg

Thanks for the information.

Can you just show up where the cars are located in your square box ? and they will drop you of at the airport.

Do they have a sign or something like that so i can find it or identify them.

On 11/3/2016 at 8:19 AM, steelepulse said:

Anyone know how long it takes to clear immigration in the morning for an earlyish flight?  If it's as bad as incoming immigration, I better get there by 5 am!

I would calculate about 30 min.

With coral fast track 1 min.

My experience from my 2 times at the new one.

Today in the morning parking was easy. It looks like the renting cars are nearly all now outside south of the parking building.

Domestic checkin at Terminal 2 is easy and quick. Then up stairs and around some corners to the gates. The old international departure hall is now the domestic departure hall.

All in all easy and everywhere big signs.

They did their job well.

11 hours ago, merijn said:

Thanks for the information.

Can you just show up where the cars are located in your square box ? and they will drop you of at the airport.

Do they have a sign or something like that so i can find it or identify them.

Yes, you can just show up and they'l drop you back at the airport, but be aware, they use your car to take you there and pick you up.

Sorry but cant remember if there's a sign or not, turn right at the 7/11 and go in about 50m or so, you cant miss it(normally quiet a few cars), they have area on both sides of the soi as in the previously attached pic. 

The white roofed "L" shaped building on the right as you head in is where their little office is.

10 hours ago, schlog said:

Today in the morning parking was easy. It looks like the renting cars are nearly all now outside south of the parking building.

Domestic check-in at Terminal 2 is easy and quick. Then up stairs and around some corners to the gates. The old international departure hall is now the domestic departure hall.

All in all easy and everywhere big signs.

They did their job well.

Don't go posting positive waves- the apoplexy lot will have apoplexy!  :post-4641-1156693976:

Good to hear though- the parking was getting ridiculous. As well as moving the rental cars airport staff should have a separate car park and be bused in (they are getting paid far too much if they can afford to park there anyway!). I was amazed to see some vehicles in there covered in a thick layer of dust- they must have been parked there a while.

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Don't go posting positive waves- the apoplexy lot will have apoplexy!  :post-4641-1156693976:

Good to hear though- the parking was getting ridiculous. As well as moving the rental cars airport staff should have a separate car park and be bused in (they are getting paid far too much if they can afford to park there anyway!). I was amazed to see some vehicles in there covered in a thick layer of dust- they must have been parked there a while.

Airport employees (at least immigration staff) don't pay for the car park.

So it is not a surprise that they use it for their own benefit. 

5 hours ago, merijn said:

Airport employees (at least immigration staff) don't pay for the car park.

So it is not a surprise that they use it for their own benefit. 

They do pay or at least the two I know do, both working for separate companies.

Now I have a practical question from someone who has a first hand experience about the time I need to catch a 9.30am flight in December

going from Rawai to the Airport:

I know then a lot of things can change until then, traffic conditions and so on, but was thinking to leave Rawai by car at 6am.

Anybody has personal experiences?

Thank you

3 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

Now I have a practical question from someone who has a first hand experience about the time I need to catch a 9.30am flight in December

going from Rawai to the Airport:

I know then a lot of things can change until then, traffic conditions and so on, but was thinking to leave Rawai by car at 6am.

Anybody has personal experiences?

Thank you

Sorry, forgot to mention international departure

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2016 at 4:37 AM, beechbum said:

Yes, you can just show up and they'l drop you back at the airport, but be aware, they use your car to take you there and pick you up.

Sorry but cant remember if there's a sign or not, turn right at the 7/11 and go in about 50m or so, you cant miss it(normally quiet a few cars), they have area on both sides of the soi as in the previously attached pic. 

The white roofed "L" shaped building on the right as you head in is where their little office is.

So you leave your car keys with them, seems a bit risky?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Anyone tried parking in the old open air car park, which now seems to serve the domestic terminal? I assume it's available overnight, if not I'll just have to find my way to the multi-storey.

Apparently the mini van still runs from the same spot at the car park building to domestic.