Short Trips From Hua Hin/cha Am?

JoneL

Hi!

I am coming to Hua Hin in this December (I will stay near Hua Hin, in Regent Chalet Hotel) :D

I was hoping to do a short trip/visit (maybe 2nights) to some nice "paradise" beach...

But any ideas what would be a good place? Is Krabi the nearest paradise beach?

I did read that Koh Tao island is nice, but in December the ocean can be very rough and the boats can't sail.... And also rainy weather.... :D

How about Koh Talu island? :o

Hi,

Krabi is really far away, I don't think it's worth the effort for just a few days.

My suggestion is that you go to the Ban Saphan area south of Hua Hin. If you go 1-2 hours by car (taxi, bus, train) you can find nice places.

/Lina

Hmm... Koh talu island is in the Ban Saphan area? :D

I did read that the ocean can be very rough in December round Koh tao and the boats can't go there in days... Is it same with Koh Talu? :o

Hi,

Krabi is really far away, I don't think it's worth the effort for just a few days.

My suggestion is that you go to the Ban Saphan area south of Hua Hin. If you go 1-2 hours by car (taxi, bus, train) you can find nice places.

/Lina

I did read that the ocean can be very rough in December round Koh tao and the boats can't go there in days... Is it same with Koh Talu? :o

It's not actually the ocean...it's Gulf of Thailand. Phuket and Krabi are on the (Indian) ocean side.

In December I saw choppy seas in Chumpon, 100km south of Ban Saphan. Chumpon area is believed to be the rainiest spot in Thailand, receiving the most of the downpour from October to December.

If the seas get rough, you may still be able to get to Koh Talu - but the weather would be there too. If not big waves then cloudy, windy and the water murky.

Otherwise, nice place, just decide on the day.

Hi,

/Lina

It's not actually the ocean...it's Gulf of Thailand. Phuket and Krabi are on the (Indian) ocean side.

In December I saw choppy seas in Chumpon, 100km south of Ban Saphan. Chumpon area is believed to be the rainiest spot in Thailand, receiving the most of the downpour from October to December.

If the seas get rough, you may still be able to get to Koh Talu - but the weather would be there too. If not big waves then cloudy, windy and the water murky.

Otherwise, nice place, just decide on the day.

Ok, thank you for the info!

Hmm... Is there some good weather news or something in Hua Hin/Cha Am so I can ceck the weather in Koh Talu area before going there?

Hi!

I am coming to Hua Hin in this December (I will stay near Hua Hin, in Regent Chalet Hotel) :D

I was hoping to do a short trip/visit (maybe 2nights) to some nice "paradise" beach...

But any ideas what would be a good place? Is Krabi the nearest paradise beach?

I did read that Koh Tao island is nice, but in December the ocean can be very rough and the boats can't sail.... And also rainy weather.... :D

How about Koh Talu island? :o

Depends on what all is included as "paradise". :D

The best beaches on the gulf side are around Ban Krut .. which is at km marker 383 then 10 km to the beach. Sprinter (train) stops there. Lots of bungalows and guest houses .. try the Siripong GH (google Ban Krut Siripong) right at the 3 way by the beach .. Bt 10 by motorcycle taxi from the train station. Some of the buses stop on the highway and you have yo get a ride from there .. about Bt 80 - 100.

But the area is quiet .. no bars, go-gos, etc.

Koh Talu is near Bang Saphan Noi. There is 1 resort and I have been told that the beach is "captive". Some beginner level scuba diving and snorkeling there.

The water at Chai Talay, Bang Saphan (not Ban Saphan) is very dirty, mostly because of a deep-water port and a large steel processing mill.

Bang Saphan Noi is about 30 km south of Bang Saphan and the beach is not as good as Ban Krut aka Ban Krud aka Ban Krood aka Ban Kru-it. :D

Thapsakae is closer to you (by about 30 km) but the beaches are not as good. Jack Beach Resort would be 1 option .. walking distance to the Thapsakae Pier.

BTW, Ranong gets about 2 x the rainfall as Chumphon .. but that being said, lots of rainclouds seem to hang around Chumphon.