Bangkok man robbed, shot dead outside his Thai restaurant in the U.S.

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

Lived in Atlanta for 21 years. Call me the stereotypical southern stereotyping racist...but I suspected exactly such perps. In fact, would have put big money on it AND given odds. Sad story, but sadder still is that no one would have taken the bet.

Thats not reassuring as I am sleeping in my travel trailer in Atlanta at this moment.

On 16 September 2016 at 4:55 AM, hdkane said:

Blacks in the USA will never take responsibility for their behavior, because they are told that their failings are attributed to racism. By far, Whites and Asians are the disproportionate targets of open violence and racism.  When data are analyzed properly, Blacks are even given better treatment by law enforcement and receive lighter sentencing.  The media and simple minded people like to to engender a controversy that Blacks are systematically victimized.  Simply not true. Sad that another productive man had to die at the hands of an antisocial thug. 

Apart from your final sentence

BS. 

Edited by Bluespunk

On 9/16/2016 at 9:05 AM, joeyg said:

You seem like quite a knowledgable guy.  Surely you knew this you just forgot... 

What does the gun death rate in thailand have to do with widespread gun violence in the US? It doesn't make it any less violent.

On 9/13/2016 at 11:31 PM, Smiley Face said:

It truly is a shame since this guy seems to have been a hard working individual.  And it's true, Thailand does not have the monopoly on violence.  One thing that does stand out is the freedom this person had to own and operate HIS OWN business in a FREE country.  Perhaps one day Thailand will be this considerate, open and free (but I think pigs will be flying before that time).

Al Capone was a hard working individual.

Also, it's easier for me to get Thai citizenship than it is for a Thai to get US citizenship. I bet he learned the local language too, unlike 90% of the foreigners I know here.

5 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Also, it's easier for me to get Thai citizenship than it is for a Thai to get US citizenship. I bet he learned the local language too, unlike 90% of the foreigners I know here.

And your point is what?  I think no one in their right mind would choose Thai citizenship over a US citizenship and my comment was directed at the relative freedom to own and operate a business in the US relative to the stonewall prospects presented by Thailand.

1 hour ago, Smiley Face said:

And your point is what?  I think no one in their right mind would choose Thai citizenship over a US citizenship and my comment was directed at the relative freedom to own and operate a business in the US relative to the stonewall prospects presented by Thailand.

I am going for Thai citizenship and would never want American. 

Get citizenship here and own all the business and property you want. Is there some reason you think you should be able to remain an extended tourist here, whereas Thais need to pass an English test etc to live and work in my country(UK).

8 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Get citizenship here and own all the business and property you want. Is there some reason you think you should be able to remain an extended tourist here, whereas Thais need to pass an English test etc to live and work in my country(UK).

What makes you more special than the other people trying for Thai Citizenship? Don't you need a pardon by the king or something? I mean thats cool and all but that looks pretty far out there. Am I reading it right that you have to renounce your current citizenship? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_nationality_law

"Living and working" is far and away different than being a citizen of a country protected by law, can vote, protect yourself, on and on... 

Just now, Strange said:

What makes you more special than the other people trying for Thai Citizenship? Don't you need a pardon by the king or something? I mean thats cool and all but that looks pretty far out there. Am I reading it right that you have to renounce your current citizenship? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_nationality_law

"Living and working" is far and away different than being a citizen of a country protected by law, can vote, protect yourself, on and on... 

I'm not special. 3 years of paying taxes on over 40,000 baht a month and married to a Thai. 

It's a bar-stool myth that it's impossible. To be fair, it was harder in the past but no harder than other countries. I can have dual citizenship with the UK.

10 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I'm not special. 3 years of paying taxes on over 40,000 baht a month and married to a Thai. 

It's a bar-stool myth that it's impossible. To be fair, it was harder in the past but no harder than other countries. I can have dual citizenship with the UK.

Its true, just because there is a .0001 percent chance does mean that it is possible. 

Im not hating on you man I hope you get it. I have wasted a lot of time reading about this subject and its pretty unlikely and at the end of the day there is no hard and fast rule/list. Then end of the day it comes down to if they like you or not. You are not entitled to it. Not to mention who knows how thats going to play out with the junta. 

52 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

And its unfortunate that you have such a dislike of the USA. I find it amusing that you guys can form such an opinion a topic so huge based on what you see on the news witch causes you to dislike an entire country and its 300,000,000 people, who, by the way, are allies. 

On 15/09/2016 at 10:58 PM, ClutchClark said:

A hard working Thai comes to America and gives employment to a local American who then decides to rob and kill him. 

Well I will be danged...a young black man with a gun killing people.

What are the chances? 

Now are the police allowed to arrest him or does he qualify for BLM immunity? 

What a shame.

You're right.  It's out of control and it's only going to get worse as people pretend that they're the victims.  The story would not be possible without blacks.  No white person,  however stupid would make sure a stupid decision.  Zero chance of getting away with it,  and with a large dose of evil.  What's the maximum money they could get away with and then there's the issue of having no job as there's no boss.  Why don't the ones in Africa do this in all the countries?  The places that used to be run by whites all have huge violence when the blacks got to be in charge.  All the totally black ones are ravaged by civil wars with huge deaths though.  It's a very bad situation.  It seems that there's a type of low life black who appears as a phenomenon when they're around white people but how it happens is very strange because most of them are fairly OK.  I noticed in the UK that tolerance of black degenerates is a big issue.  In Thai restaurants they have black customers who they like,  but they'd sooner just lose their custom,  with the amount of them who start trying to not pay,  obnoxiously demand to inspect the kitchens and saying it's dirty when it isn't,  or steal the cash register.  You may find looking up the deranged BLM movement in the UK stopping a flight---they're all white.

On 9/14/2016 at 10:31 AM, SOTIRIOS said:

...sounds like a settling of accounts....

Sounds more like a robbery to me. Restaurant makes money, some low life doesn't have enough of it and tries to take it by force from a hard working restaurant owner.

On 9/13/2016 at 11:42 PM, Howitzer said:

gun violence is pretty widespread in the US. In fact this piece of news probably wouldn't even make it to the national lvl. It occured in the south in a fairly rural state like Georgia.

You seem like quite a knowledgable guy.  Sure you knew this you just forgot... 

No but from the stats it shows you chance of being involved in gun violence is double compared to the US.

Getting shot in the USA or Thailand are equally violent for God's sake!

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

So all retirees who wish to experience other countries should renounce their citizenship in order to live or work in another country!  Is that your logic??  In my opinion, renouncing citizenship of the UK or the US for a Thai citizenship would be like choosing to live in a trailer when you already own a comfortable spacious house.  I think you probably forget that it is the UK that provided you with the opportunity to earn 40,000 or more per month that you now pay taxes on.  Had you been born and raised as a "Thai citizen" you would probably not have had those opportunities.  But yeah, it sounds like you will be happy as a clam being a Thai citizen.  Good luck!

On 9/13/2016 at 11:31 PM, Smiley Face said:

It truly is a shame since this guy seems to have been a hard working individual.  And it's true, Thailand does not have the monopoly on violence.  One thing that does stand out is the freedom this person had to own and operate HIS OWN business in a FREE country.  Perhaps one day Thailand will be this considerate, open and free (but I think pigs will be flying before that time).

A tragedy and yet you had to spin it into a thai-bashing post, typical farang style.

10 hours ago, Johnniey said:

You're right there about the language part, most lazy, disrespectful farangs here demand Thais to speak English in their own country where Thai is the official language. Can you imagine if Chinese people in Australia demanded Australians to speak Mandarin to them? What a joke.

Edited by IsItFlab

14 hours ago, Strange said:

Its true, just because there is a .0001 percent chance does mean that it is possible. 

Im not hating on you man I hope you get it. I have wasted a lot of time reading about this subject and its pretty unlikely and at the end of the day there is no hard and fast rule/list. Then end of the day it comes down to if they like you or not. You are not entitled to it. Not to mention who knows how thats going to play out with the junta. 

Not true, not even close.It has nothing to do with if they like you our not.

Pretty much everyone gets it if they get past the first step, having the criteria, a decent job or married to a thai. 3 years working, WP, house registration book, 5000 bHt fee. Now one doesn't even have to speak thai.

12 hours ago, Smiley Face said:

So all retirees who wish to experience other countries should renounce their citizenship in order to live or work in another country!  Is that your logic??  In my opinion, renouncing citizenship of the UK or the US for a Thai citizenship would be like choosing to live in a trailer when you already own a comfortable spacious house.  I think you probably forget that it is the UK that provided you with the opportunity to earn 40,000 or more per month that you now pay taxes on.  Had you been born and raised as a "Thai citizen" you would probably not have had those opportunities.  But yeah, it sounds like you will be happy as a clam being a Thai citizen.  Good luck!

Retirees can't get citizenship very easily. Fair enough ain't it? Rather disgusting thinking of Thailand as a trailer. 

You don't have to renounce your UK or usa citizenship.

8 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Not true, not even close.It has nothing to do with if they like you our not.

Pretty much everyone gets it if they get past the first step, having the criteria, a decent job or married to a thai. 3 years working, WP, house registration book, 5000 bHt fee. Now one doesn't even have to speak thai.

Please show me where you got this information. I would like to have a look. 

5 hours ago, Strange said:

Please show me where you got this information. I would like to have a look. 

http://www.phuketgazette.net/issuesanswers/issues_answers_details?id=759

The law has changed and there is now no need for singing the national anthem or great Thai skills. Obviously you'll have basic language skills if lived here for 5 years or 3 years if married to a Thai.

If you want more info, there are great threads on Thai visa.