School in Chiangmai unable to get info

jaffas21

hi i posted this in the wrong forum by mistake:

hi ... im looking to do the ECC Celta Course in chiangmai this january, ive been in chiangmai various times to study massage at most of the schools in the area, but this time id like to stay longer and work there. i have  a degree etc

Ive been looking at two schools. International House and ECC .. ideally id like to study at ECC as their school appears to be close to maya mall and i normally stay in santitham so its a good location .. IH is outside of the city and either offer an extra package which is inhouse or a cheaper version .. but im concerned about studying after school if i didnt take the extra package as theres the travel to consider ecc seems more reasonably priced and central

this is the ECC Website - http://www.tesol.ecc.ac.th/ i don't know if anyones seen it .. but it dosent really mention chiangmai or give course dates  for celta in chiangmai or anything, although the chiangmai branch is obviously in existence  i have emailed the website but am currently still waiting for a response

Does anyone know anything about the school and have a alternative chiangmai website to deal with ? .id rather book it all before i went over there .. but the website dosent seem to have the details i want on it

thanks a lot

obviously the problem is without a website or even information on when the chiangmai courses are on ... i could be throwing the course fees into midair of  a bridge .. i need a decent website to assure me the course exists in chiangmai ... ive tried the facebook group as well with no reply so far ..

has anyone studied with ECC and did they organise it in Thailand or Before ??

thanks

yes i could do that i suppose .. but thats still not a concrete source of information ,.. i prefer to have everything online .. so i know what im booking onto .... i don't see why the website is limited in its information, must be a webmaster issue ..  i always like to do everything in writing or on the web so i have a written record especially when im handing over £1000+

1 hour ago, jaffas21 said:

yes i could do that i suppose .. but thats still not a concrete source of information ,.. i prefer to have everything online .. so i know what im booking onto .... i don't see why the website is limited in its information, must be a webmaster issue ..  i always like to do everything in writing or on the web so i have a written record especially when im handing over £1000+

If you are going to teach in Thailand you are going to need to be a bit more resourceful than expecting everything to be laid out for you just as you prefer. Get ready because the ride is not easy.

On 9/14/2016 at 11:13 PM, jaffas21 said:

obviously the problem is without a website or even information on when the chiangmai courses are on ... i could be throwing the course fees into midair of  a bridge .. i need a decent website to assure me the course exists in chiangmai ... ive tried the facebook group as well with no reply so far ..

has anyone studied with ECC and did they organise it in Thailand or Before ??

thanks

1 hour ago, jaffas21 said:

but thats still not a concrete source of information

I thought a lot of scams were done through fake websites? I would have thought that calling  them, getting all the relevant details and getting them to email you their brochure would have been far safer than all through a website?

On 9/16/2016 at 3:33 PM, jaffas21 said:

thanks folks .....  i guess im just used to the well organised massage schools with very detailed websites very city specific and online portals for payment .. makes it easier .. ill get in touch with them

Why mention massage schools? Most massage joints are just fronts for prostitution. The people offering TEFL and CELTA courses usually wait until they have enough paid students to set a date and hire an instructor etc.. 

13 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Why mention massage schools? Most massage joints are just fronts for prostitution. The people offering TEFL and CELTA courses usually wait until they have enough paid students to set a date and hire an instructor etc.

No they don't. they set dates and then IF the course does not get fully loaded, they may re-schedule or cancel it. 

Are you seriously trying to say that potential students just book a place on a course that will happen sometime ? Ridiculous that you would even think that, let alone write it here.