Transferring a motorcycle

Bob58

Hello out there

Good someone please recommend a good bike shop, and can they speak some English. My question is I need to transfer a Honda click. Now I'm wondering if I go to a bike shop could they go to the land office for me.

It's Farang to a Thai name. I'm buying the bike off a mate and putting it in my wife's name. I'll have all the papers and the green book.

Ok thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If you want a shop to do it for you then look for  a place displaying this logo

logotoroor.gif

There is one on South Pattaya road at the Sukumvit end and another one on Sukumvit between South and Center road.

Cost probably a couple of thousand baht if all back tax has been paid and no other complications.

( like if the bike is currently registered in another province )

If your mate lives in Pattaya he/she will have to get a certificate of residence from immigration in Jomtien  300 + baht

and  to be pedantic you don't transfer vehicles at the "land office"  that's for  land and property  :P

you transfer vehicles at the DLT .....Department of Land Transportation

http://maps.google.com/?cid=12582398290207580349

or the main one if you need to change provinces

http://maps.google.com/?cid=13676406131048055703

Ok I think we're on the right track But my friend is a tourist, no permanent residency. In and out of the country. But will be here next month in Pattaya to help me.
2. The bikes currently in Bkk after recently transport it.
Regarding the taxes as I said, will be about 3 weeks overdue.
Solutions ?
Thanks again

Your friend just needs to goto Jomtien immigration  and ask for a "certificate of residence"  for the purpose of  selling a motorbike

they will except a receipt showing he/she is staying in a condo or hotel  no need to actually be on permanent residency.

If the bike has Bangkok plates it will make it a bit more complicated and take longer but the shop will be able to do it for you

Tax 3 weeks overdue  no problem about a 2 baht fine

shop on South Pattaya road is new... somewhere around the area ( from memory ) shown on this google streetview

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9195614,100.8910955,3a,75y,56.42h,73.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7cZISD_00V8t1XlJiAZd0A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

shop on Sukumvit

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9242953,100.8981994,3a,75y,259.97h,75.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1scpHC32CO46fmiO42yhWHIw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Left towards Big C  for both places

Pattaya plates already will make it easier and faster   sometimes the shop will wait until they get a few  to do before going to the DLT

they may also have to take the bike to DLT to check engine and chassis numbers... but they may have "special contacts" that mean they can bypass certain things I'm sure they'll let you know what's necessary.

Thanks mate bypass would be good only because the bikes in BKK as per my original post.
It started off in Pattaya
Then transported to Bkk
Hope it's not a problem!
Just 1 more question the bike will transferred from the seller to my wife's name
She's Thai of course. So her ID copy and Blue book copy that's about it right?
You been a big help so thanks for your time in advance

19 minutes ago, Bob58 said:

So her ID copy and Blue book copy that's about it right?

( blue book might not be necessary but take copy anyway )

yes get her to sign them   and state in Thai of course

"only for purpose of registering  honda click reg number xxxxxxx"

over a conspicuous part  of the copy

being careful not to actually obscure anything..this is to try and prevent fraudsters stealing identity, "purpose of" can be omitted if not worried

but copies need her signature.

The shop will let you know if they need to see the bike or not   but I suspect they will need to see it because they normally take "rubbing's" of the chassis and engine number and need to confirm these agree with the green book.

• 3 months later...