Mc Donalds in Maha Sarakham, when did that happen?

pianoman

It's been months since I made to drive from Kalasin to Maha Sarakham, but someone posted about a place there selling good Smoked Turkey, so after a lot of research I made the drive yesterday...  After finding the place for Smoked Turkey outside of Maha Sarakham I drove back into town to the Mall, and low and behold there is a New Mc Donalds sitting in the parking lot of the newer Mall...  When did that happen???

I know that nothing else brings mixed emotions from people more than discussing food served by "Mc D's", but as bad as it is, I enjoy parts of their menu even if only as remembrances of my youth..    And the new location being a "Free Standing" location as apposed to a Mall where their open hours are tied to the the hours of the mall, this "Mc D's" is open 6:am to 11:PM, so has their Breakfast Menu available in the mornings...  Yes, I truly enjoy their Sausage Egg Mc Muffins...

Pianoman

Thanks, it must have opened just after my last trip over that way...  My how time fly's when you are old and retired...  Anyway, nice addition to the area, and close enough for a short trip over once or twice a month for either Breakfast of Lunch...  And twice a month is just about enough of McD's...

Pianoman

• 2 weeks later...

Not just the university students (who are probably a bit short from their drinking career debut); there's a burgeoning middle class that's growing at a fast clip all over Isan. They're both a reason for and a symptom of Isan being the sleeping giant of Thailand's economy. 

I once taught at one of the big secondary schools in town and plenty of those kids could have gone to a true-blue Bangkok international school if they wanted to. 

Archived