First fungus then a twin headed jinjok - now Thais see lottery options in a "rock-face"! 

webfact

First fungus then a twin headed jinjok - now Thais see lottery options in a "rock-face"! 

p4.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- It has certainly been a week for lottery numbers. Following news that Thais were seeing the winning combinations in a fungus growing at a temple then were brought winners by a falling two headed jingjok - now comes the latest. 

The locals are pouring into a temple in U-Thong where a cave being prepared to house a Buddhist image has thrown up the face of a deity in the carved rock, reported Sanook

The superstitious believe they can see the face of "Phra Mae Thorani" an important goddess in Buddhist mythology known in English as "mother Earth". 

The hordes are arriving at the temple armed with their mobile phones after the story of the face in the rock face attracted attention online. 

But the abbot of the forest temple of Lae Lai Worawihan whilst glad people are visiting is a bit more "old school" than the monks these days who see dollar signs for their coffers in such beliefs. 

The abbot said: "I am not telling people to come here to get lottery numbers. But I can't stop them - it's up to them". 

The image of Phra Mae Thorani is one seen at many temples in Thailand and across the region. The deity is personified as a young woman wringing the cool waters of detachment out of her hair to drown the demon Mara who was sent to tempt the Buddha during his meditation under the sacred Boh tree. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-16

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

The abbot said: "I am not telling people to come here to get lottery numbers. But I can't stop them - it's up to them". 

Right. He or one of his good monks probably started the scam by posting the information online.

There seems to be an uptick in lottery interest lately. Does that say something about the economy? The lottery has to factor into the economy analysis of the nation. They should follow a rise in stories in the news and the speed at which the sellers sellout their tickets and add that to the assorted research they use to express the outlook for the Thai economy. I wonder if they sell faster in good times or hard times? Maybe they do better in the lulls between. Ah, forget it.

25 minutes ago, Rooo said:

I got the lucky numbers from my  lawn cuttings this morning.

Whilst I have no reason to doubt you, I would want to see with my own eyes. You could have set the whole thing up. Can I suggest, that you make your way to my house and cut my lawns and we can check the cuttings together (over a cold beer of course).

28 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Right. He or one of his good monks probably started the scam by posting the information online.

The monk could stop them.  Tell them it's BS.  Sadly, that'll never happen here.  Too much money to be mad playing hocus pocus with the masses.

According to HRH the Prince of Wales, ''I happily talk to the plants and the trees, and listen to them. I think it's absolutely crucial'' - http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/i-talk-to-plants-but-that-doesnt-mean-im-potty-says-charles-20100920-15jor.html

So, I asked the tree in my front yard for lotto advice, but all I heard was a mournful sigh!

1474007269766.jpg

Stupid tree - last time I talk to you!

No wonder that this country is in a mess with all the people believing in all sorts of bullshit /ghosts/spirits/monks/fortune tellers/superstition/corruption/and some more bullshit.There is no time to use their brain for work / driving /thinking for themselves/managing a budget,,,and so no and more,,