Problem messages in Hotmail account in box

slappy

Hi

Need urgent answers if possible, hope someone can help.

This morning i opened my email account and between closing last night, and opening this morning i had 9 emails come into my email box. Which is the norm. i looked at each email to see where it came from (but did not open any) there was only one i wanted to open and look at later. So with the rest (8) i clicked on them individually and then i pressed delete and off they went. But within a second the rest of the emails  ( about 30 ) in my inbox suddenly vanished. I then clicked onto my delete file and found the 8 emails which i had deleted. But the other 30 which suddenly vanished were not there. WHERE ARE THERE?. I have looked in all my boxes and all is normal with emails i have saved in different boxes from different people. 

The 30 or so emails which were stored in my inbox, which suddenly vanished and are not any other box. Can someone tell me where the might be and how can i recovery them. as some of them were important.

Many thanks for your help.

slappy

Thanks for that, I tried that, but the 30 or so emails which suddenlly vanished are not in that list. They suddenly vanished after i clicked on and deleted the 9 i received last night.  The 30 or so emails did not vanish into my delete box. the 8 i clicked on did vanish into my delete box.

If they are that important then you can contact hotmail: http://hotmailsupport.uk/  (uk sorry) or search on google contact hotmail.

Alternatively, you could spend your time trying to get those documents form senders than waiting for someone to help you recovering them if urgent or crucial.

I think it's unlikely that someone here would be capable of solving ur problem :/ given we dont really know what happened.

The best u could get would probably be from contacting hotmail.

Open Outlook.com and in the left hand menu right click the Deleted folder and click "Recover deleted items". You'll get a popup which looks like the one you see in the screenshot of items which can be recovered even though they aren't showing in the Deleted menu. Click the "Recover" link to restore them.

Microsoft doesn't delete mails permanently for 30 days.

recover_deleted_items.PNG

Edited by Xircal
added missing instructions

still no nearer to finding out, why my emails just simple vanished and can not find out where they are, even though i followed the helpful advice above. Tried to ring Hotmail over the weekend, but nobody answered the phone call, had the phone ringing for over an hour, all i got "we are busy at the moment"!!