At it again! Tourist knob heads could ruin the "pull" of Samui phallus

rooster59

At it again! Tourist knob heads could ruin the "pull" of Samui phallus

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuqzdA58TMRcvA9VZZO4BEU3wNXOBRmokO6m02t7.jpg

Image: Thairath

KOH SAMUI:-- Irate locals called up to a foreign tourist who had clambered on the Grandfather Stone in Koh Samui ordering him down from the summit of their sacred phallus.

The tourist had climbed up on the Hin Ta phallic symbol that is an icon of the holiday island for a photo opportunity. It lies next to a crevice in the rock in the shape of a vagina called the Grandmother Stone or Hin Yai.

Now locals are renewing calls for the authorities to stop the practice. This was the second incident in a month following another on August 22nd.

Locals and business operators who rely on the "pull" of the phallus are furious that the stone could be damaged spoiling their livelihood.

The stones are also a site for prayers and a shrine where people make offerings is located nearby.

A sign was meant to go up last month to stop tourists climbing but it was unclear as to whether this had yet been erected.

Trainee local guide Yanisa Reuangrit said her company brought 200 tourists a day to the site and said the authorities must stop the practice.

While trinket shop owner and Samui inhabitant Anuwat Thongman said he felt uncomfortable seeing tourists doing this mentioning that it was both disrespectful and potential damage could harm their businesses that rely on the rocks for tourist visitors.

It is said that if you haven't visited the rocks then you haven't really been to Samui.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-17

30 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Locals and business operators who rely on the "pull" of the phallus are furious that the stone could be damaged spoiling their livelihood.

Yeah, I often select my holiday destination on the basis of whether or not there is a phallus there.

so IF there is no sign there, how was this guy supposed to know that what he did was wrong.

As far as I can see it's just a rock and being one of the taller rocks on the beach he climbed on top for a photo.

For Christ sake, it doesn't even resemble a dick.

I have a tow rope in the boot of my car, maybe I should register it as a protected tourist spot, as it resembles a snake.

41 minutes ago, Truscott said:

so IF there is no sign there, how was this guy supposed to know that what he did was wrong.

As far as I can see it's just a rock and being one of the taller rocks on the beach he climbed on top for a photo.

For Christ sake, it doesn't even resemble a dick.

I have a tow rope in the boot of my car, maybe I should register it as a protected tourist spot, as it resembles a snake.

think they would rather not have a sign and still have something to get upset with foreigners about. if it was a big deal they could put up a fence. lucky no one is trying to screw the grand mother rock.

28 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

think they would rather not have a sign and still have something to get upset with foreigners about. if it was a big deal they could put up a fence. lucky no one is trying to screw the grand mother rock.

Just wait for the chinese to appear x)

2 minutes ago, samuijimmy said:

There's too much in Inappropriate discussion going on this thread....  soon to be closed if it continues ...

Of course one could expect a little bit of civil disobedience in a thread like this - but I apologize if I contributed to such an action :wai:

They should put a load of barbed wire around the base,

it would stop people climbing it,plus look like pubic hair

making it  EVEN more realistic,and sacred,they would also

earn more money,what  its all about really.

regards worgeordie

Lets go and sit in Lincolns lap http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/natm/images/c/c5/Image-5d0img49499-s.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141208004704

or climb Nelson's Column Nelson's Column, Trafalgar Square, London.JPG

or maybe swim in fontana Di Trevi Fontana di Trevi, Roma, Italia.:

I wounder what you would say if anyone did the same in your home country, showing no respect for monuments, landmarks and culture... Why don't people pee in St. Peter's Basilica, clime the Kaaba or barf on the Western Wall?!

I would have to have "rocks" in my head to make the long trip to look at a stone phallus when I can see mine in the mirror located below my belly fat. The little devil is a hand full but could only serve as a bird perch now. I imagine in years to come I will suffer from a permanent flopped phallus oh dear me. 

42 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

I wounder what you would say if anyone did the same in your home country, showing no respect for monuments, landmarks and culture... Why don't people pee in St. Peter's Basilica, clime the Kaaba or barf on the Western Wall?!

It's a rock.  Apparently, an unmarked rock.  Hardly qualifies as a monument or a landmark.  

If it's that important, mark it as off limits.  Then come down like a hammer on anyone that desecrates it.

Archived