Extensions, Exemptions And Errors!

Morning chaps, [edit: I'm well under 50, and British]

#1. I'm currently here in Thailand (BKK), on the final entry of a quad-entry tourist visa, which I bought in the UK before I came here. This final entry began on Oct 2 when I returned from Cambodia - the visa itself expired on Oct 6, and the final entry expires on November 30 (ie. this Thursday). I believe I can extend this by 30 days by going to the Thai immigration bureau armed with 1900 baht, but do the 30 days count from the end of the visa, or the day I visit?

ie. If I go to the bureau tomorrow (Nov 27), to get it over and done with, will the entry expire on Dec 30 (30 days from due expiration) or Dec 27 (30 days from when I pay for the extension)? And do I need passport photos or anything else aside from the fee?

#2. Looks like the immigration chap at Suvarnabhumi made a mistake - I only just noticed on checking the dates in my passport to post this. The small date stamp on the full-page visa is correct - I entered Thailand on Oct 2, and it says so. However, the entry stamp states that I entered on Sep 2, and can stay until Nov 30. Is this likely to cause me any grief? Suvarnabhumi wasn't even open yet on Sep 2, so surely they'll see that this was a mistake!

#3. I intend to return to the UK in April 07. I'm thinking that if I can extend this entry to Dec 30, then return for the 3x30 day visa exemption stamps, then with a few long weekends in Cambo, that'll see me through - do we have any definite agreement on whether this is allowed or not yet? Should I take a suitcase with me on my next border run? :o

Thanks!

Edited by bkkbaz

1. Will start at end of stamped period of stay.

2. The may catch that at extension time so allow extra time for them to correct it. You should also have a departure stamp later than that date which would also prove it wrong.

3. You are obviously here long term but until the New Year we can not answer. By all advance information you should still be able to use 30 day entry but believe it would be prepared for the worse just in case as you seem to be doing this before any positive reports are available.

1. Will start at end of stamped period of stay.

2. The may catch that at extension time so allow extra time for them to correct it. You should also have a departure stamp later than that date which would also prove it wrong.

3. You are obviously here long term but until the New Year we can not answer. By all advance information you should still be able to use 30 day entry but believe it would be prepared for the worse just in case as you seem to be doing this before any positive reports are available.

Thanks!

1. That's what I was hoping - I'll pop down to Sathorn tomorrow and sort it out - didn't want to leave it until the deadline in case #2 causes problems.

2. I do indeed - the previous exit stamp was on Sep 29. Hopefully I can convince them that even if I was a fraud, I'm not stupid enough to forge a Suvarnabhumi stamp with a date of several weeks before the airport opened :o

3. Yeah, I guessed that would be the case. I guess I'll make these next three visa runs by air rather than land - I'll have more options if there are any unforeseen problems. More fun than the minibus trip, too...