Never saw that before

Inspire

Never saw that before

Orlando Barton

bart12.jpg

When I first came to Thailand, I expected it to be radically different to my home country. After all, I had to fly 24 hours to literally the other side of the world to get there. If it was the same I would have been disappointed

I can state with confidence I have seen more strange phenomenon, bizarre creatures and peculiar behavior here in the land of smiles than I would have anywhere else.

Before coming to Thailand I did not know that people ate bugs for nourishment. Oh, I had seen some aborigines fishing termites out of some rotten wood with a straw and eating them on some Animal Planet show, but I had never seen a rolling street cart with troughs full of all manner of creepy crawlies. I had never seen anyone eat a scorpion before.

Before coming to Thailand, I did not know that some monkeys have jobs. And I don’t mean those in the monkey shows that entertain tourists by doing sit-ups and playing basketball. No, I mean like the small army of primates a coconut farmer I met in Koh Samui uses. They shoot up the trunk of the tree like lightning, spin the coconuts until they break free and then drop them to the ground. They are as efficient a fruit picker as you’ll ever witness. At the end of the day they ride clinging to the back of the big truck full of coconuts like any field hand would.

Full story:  http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/never-saw/

43 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Yes, the country is full of monkeys!  In fact it is run by them!  (Note to moderators......Sorry, I meant OVER-RUN by them)  :whistling:

That's OK ..no need to apologize...."Many" of us are not bothered by the truth or facts....lol

Cheers

15 minutes ago, Terdsak said:

Is ThaiVisa affiliated to InspirePattaya? This sort of featherweight article belongs more in a free shopping leaflet or Airwait, the onboard magazine of Myanmar International.

The owners of Inspire bought Thai visa a while back.