Museums are out to amuse

webfact

THAI MUSEUM DAY

Museums are out to amuse

Phatarawadee Phataranawik
The Nation

30295567-01_big.jpg

Experts mull the future of our repositories of the past amid a dazzling exposition

BANGKOK: -- Today is Museum Day. Don’t groan. There’s an exposition underway in Bangkok to mark the occasion, and it includes, among many other things, rather nifty toys that His Majesty the King played with as a boy, and a Japanese camera the size of a matchbox, suitable for espionage, one imagines. 

You can see a folding leather chair that King Rama I carried on field trips and the country’s first lottery-draw numbers – made of wood, of course.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/Museums-are-out-to-amuse-30295567.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-19

i love going to museums, some are crap but you can nearly always finding something interesting or informative.

For Thai museums they have a great website to find museums in the area you are visiting

http://www.museumthailand.com/museum.php

though some of the private ones seem to be missing such as Viharn Sien near Pattaya.

Edited by taichiplanet

I was 14 and my dad bought me a Scalectrix.it was a doozy.It had the chjcane and the overbridge ,it was great.As the years went by,i got the gas station and the little people and up graded cars.I even had cars with lights for night time racing.Over the years i added to it hoping i might leave it to my son,who i had not had yet.As it happens i had a daughter,who loved it as much as i did,Of course,time has gone by and i am amazed that some of this stuff is like 45 years old.Now my grand son plays with it.its a toy that will never die.every christmas ,my son in law and i have bets on the winners.Some things keep you forever young.I really hope that some of you out there have thing.