Brit Bashing

ourmanflint

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you mean craic? Can a scotsman confirm this? I'm sure there are some of you out there:

Yes it's craic if you come from Ireland but it's crack if you come from England, not sure about Australia. :o

Bum Cleavage.

Available in both hemispheres :D

Think you mean craic? Can a scotsman confirm this? I'm sure there are some of you out there:

Yes it's craic if you come from Ireland but it's crack if you come from England, not sure about Australia. :o

Bum Cleavage.

Available in both hemispheres :D

Surely in America it would be fanny cleavage... :D

totster :D

This isn't the last time we'll lose at cricket or football or rugby, it's not the end of the world, as Britons, we have learned to live with it because we all know that we as a country have contributed so very many things to the world through science, literature, art, culture, and yes even sport, the list is endless... and this gives us a good feeling inside, as we look at the contributions of lesser countries throughout the world especially those young countries down under, who have contributed nothing to the world of any note, but yes they are quite good at a few sporty things, probably as a result of genetic inheritancce, forever trying to runaway from whomever was chasing them.. so not being the best at sport is I think a small price to pay for being able to say "I am British"..

... cue "Rule Britannia"

:o

Yes the poms have not learned to live with defeat, they whine long and loud about it. It is pathetic to see, and read the snivelling as they demonstraite they have not developed enough self confidence to accept defeat and criticsm.

Can you name a few contributions to the world England has made? The Goodies? Monty Python Soccer thugs? Union Officials? The steam engine, bugger, that was a Scot. Eddy the Eagle?

The English seem to have embraced foreign culture, making the Aussie born Ruppert Murdoch even more wealthy than he was before. The embrace of his high quality journalism by the English helped him towards world domination.

Yes I agree

Rue Britania.

Edited by Chang_paarp

I've worked all over the place and get on very well with other expats from everywhere else. A lot of ribbing and p#sstaking goes on naturally; but it usually helps to bond guys that are sometimes a long way from home.

Some of you lot are starting to sound like one-trick-ponies with a sack of spuds on yer shoulders. :o

Ourmanflint, can't knock you for your patriotism (as much as I would love to), but please stop saying things like 'we as Britons....' 'us as a nation.....' United Kingdom? I can't see what's so united about it, and I for the most part I don't want to be part of it.......... not ranting mate, obviously you're proud of the place and fair play to ya, but when I think of England I remember that song by UB40 'burden of shame' :o

It's a farckin' toilet.

PEACE.

Edited by Robski

Can you name a few contributions to the world Britain has made? The Goodies? Monty Python Soccer thugs? Union Officials? The steam engine, bugger, that was a Scot. Eddy the Eagle?

Errrrr ... let's see.

Isambard Kingdom Brunnel.

Charles Babbage.

Alan Turing

Thomas Caxton

Alexander Fleming

Not to mention Barnes Wallace and Frank Wittle, without whose help you would probably be speaking a different language now.

That's just a couple off the top of my head.... I could go on.

I used to say the further I got away from England the more I found people liked the English......

It's still true, Robski.

Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, etc.... all these nations still respect the English as the true gentlemen that we are.

Walk into any office in Asia and see the admiration on the faces once they know you're an Englishman.

All these nations still tend to think of the Aussies as slightly backward, uneducated and uncultured.

That's probably why in Thailand for instance, an Aussie will always be pushed behind an English or American applicant when applying for a teaching position in a school or university.

Apart form the fact that no one outside Oz can understand their 'sheep shearer' accents, they're seen by many nations as imitation English, i.e. not quite up to the real thing. :o

I used to say the further I got away from England the more I found people liked the English......

It's still true, Robski.

Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, etc.... all these nations still respect the English as the true gentlemen that we are.

Walk into any office in Asia and see the admiration on the faces once they know you're an Englishman.

All these nations still tend to think of the Aussies as slightly backward, uneducated and uncultured.

That's probably why in Thailand for instance, an Aussie will always be pushed behind an English or American applicant when applying for a teaching position in a school or university.

Apart form the fact that no one outside Oz can understand their 'sheep shearer' accents, they're seen by many nations as imitation English, i.e. not quite up to the real thing. :D

Nice one :o

...an Aussie will always be pushed behind an English or American applicant when applying for a teaching position in a school or university.

:o:D

That really makes me laugh.

Sorry but they don't push us behind in the queue, we Aussies go the end of the line...we certainly don't want these "English Gentlemen" standing behind us....anything could happen.

I wonder if Thai mothers are aware that their children are being taught by these types. :D

carter-again.jpg

anthony-tommy.jpg

Ourmanflint, can't knock you for your patriotism (as much as I would love to), but please stop saying things like 'we as Britons....' 'us as a nation.....' United Kingdom? I can't see what's so united about it, and I for the most part I don't want to be part of it.......... not ranting mate, obviously you're proud of the place and fair play to ya, but when I think of England I remember that song by UB40 'burden of shame' :o

It's a farckin' toilet.

PEACE.

I thought if anybody would have recognised a wind up it would have been you!! Come on do you think I'm that much of a patriot...

only when there's a whinging Aussie near by!!

Do you know what I lived with a few aussies over the years and I've never heard such a bunch of whining sissys, I have no idea where they get the idea that we whinge, over there is a national

pastime.

I think this thread has confirmed one thing for me beyond all doubt, that no matter how bad things get back in Britain, it's eons better than being surrounded by a bunch of Aussie "blokes" and their incessantly boring whines going on and on about cricket for christs sake.

...an Aussie will always be pushed behind an English or American applicant when applying for a teaching position in a school or university.

:D:D

Sorry but they don't push us behind in the queue, we Aussies go the end of the line...we certainly don't want these "English Gentlemen" standing behind us....anything could happen.

I wonder if Thai mothers are aware that their children are being taught by these types. :D

carter-again.jpg

anthony-tommy.jpg

Where did you get the pics of Donz and his mate on their UK tour from .... ? :D

:o:D

You really are a great example of your country, Fascist, racist , homophobic, uneducated, small brained, big mouthed yob!!

Maybe this thread should have been "Thank god I'm not an Aussie!!"

Apart form the fact that no one outside Oz can understand their 'sheep shearer' accents, they're seen by many nations as imitation English, i.e. not quite up to the real thing. :D

Let's do a visual comparison.

Here is your average toffee nosed Pom, who speaks with a plum in his mouth.

Will.jpg

...and here is a rough and tough Aussie shearer...

asia-pacific_05.1109917620.p1010024.jpg

For an Aussie, fleecing sheep is as easy as fleecing Poms of The Ashes. :o

Will.jpg

Aaaah but MM its what he did to the sheep before he fleeced it that worries us poms ......... :D

I've just thought of a new rallying flag for all Brits abroad especially here in Thailand

AT LEAST WE'RE NOT AUSTRALIAN

Now I think we should close this great topic as it has become nothing more than another Aussie grudge match...

enough is enough don't you think

:

Yes the poms have not learned to live with defeat, they whine long and loud about it. It is pathetic to see, and read the snivelling as they demonstraite they have not developed enough self confidence to accept defeat and criticsm.

Can you name a few contributions to the world England has made? The Goodies? Monty Python Soccer thugs? Union Officials? The steam engine, bugger, that was a Scot. Eddy the Eagle?

The English seem to have embraced foreign culture, making the Aussie born Ruppert Murdoch even more wealthy than he was before. The embrace of his high quality journalism by the English helped him towards world domination.

Yes I agree

Rue Britania.

I have yet to hear of an Australian take criticsm without resorting to 'name calling' and personal abuse and as for whinging you have us beat on that!! but I will give you a chance, you name one Australian who has contributed to the world and I will name 10 Englishmen. Ok over to you.

Will.jpg

Minnie Mouse, another from your private collection of photos that you feel compelled to share with us. From what I've seen of your past posts....men in skimpy underpants, half naked men flexing their muscles...I don't think you care whether it's an Aussie or a Brit, you're obsessed with the male form. Freud would have probably said that you see yourself as a sheep. Baaaaaaah.

:

Yes I agree

Rue Britania.

I have yet to hear of an Australian take criticsm without resorting to 'name calling' and personal abuse and as for whinging you have us beat on that!! but I will give you a chance, you name one Australian who has contributed to the world and I will name 10 Englishmen. Ok over to you.

Rolf Harris

Lets not mention Australian culture !!! :o

Oh dear too late !!

we got culture mate,

BBQ'S, dudes only, and the sunday session down the rubbity dub dub.

Do they allow you to drink on Sundays in WA now? The last time I was there the only place you could get a Sunday pint was the Missions to Seamen (Flying Angel) in Freo and you had to be a foreigner to get in :D

cricky's endure,

you sure aint been to the west for about 100 years have you mate. :D

im 49 years old and the sunday session has been always cranked up.

its a nationaL SPORT IN PERTH AND HAS A LOT TO DO WITH OUR BRILLIANT SOPHISTICATED aussies culture. :D

I thought if anybody would have recognised a wind up it would have been you!! Come on do you think I'm that much of a patriot...

only when there's a whinging Aussie near by!!

Sorry man, sarcasm is a hard thing to do in a forum, as I''ve found to my own cost before. wouldn't want to take it too serious.... :o

no worries and keep bashing the sheep shaggers..... :D

I've just thought of a new rallying flag for all Brits abroad especially here in Thailand

AT LEAST WE'RE NOT AUSTRALIAN

Now I think we should close this great topic as it has become nothing more than another Aussie grudge match...

enough is enough don't you think

:D

You started it flint, you've unleashed an animal onto thai visa and only when it gets truly out of control will it get put down by the mods. so there is only one way out, I don't know if the mods have ever killed a thread just cos it's boring they normally just fade away, anyway its the only good thread left for letting off a bit of steam, it's a bit like being down the pub and having a bit of banter without the fisticuffs after. and we know what pub's we're talking about here don't we, yes the good old English pub 'cos they are the best in the world, immitated by every nation, but never bettered................ :D

Pot calling the kettle black I think :o

Ok Wolf, here is a, by no way comprehensive list, of Australian inventions and firsts.

Give me 10 to 1! (coincidentally about Englands odds in the next test. :D )

Oz_inventions.doc

Edited by Old Croc

Ourmanflint, can't knock you for your patriotism (as much as I would love to), but please stop saying things like 'we as Britons....' 'us as a nation.....' United Kingdom? I can't see what's so united about it, and I for the most part I don't want to be part of it.......... not ranting mate, obviously you're proud of the place and fair play to ya, but when I think of England I remember that song by UB40 'burden of shame' :D

It's a farckin' toilet.

PEACE.

aint never been there mate but thats what every frigging brit ive ever met has told me and ive met tonnes of them. :D

even lived with the punters and i like them. :D

i mean theres got to be something wrong with the old blighty as all the pommy bleeders are either living in los or australia or are trying to get here. :D

not taking the piss boys but its only my observations of all the pommy dudes. :D

to expensive, too cold, and full of bleeding immigrants sucking up the welfare system.

oh one more, you cant buy a house as its out of the reach of the common person. :D

sounds like a bloody night mare to me. :D

anyway,

cheers to all my pommy mates and hip hip horay and all that crap. :D:o

Pot calling the kettle black I think :D

Ok Wolf, here is a, by no way comprehensive list, of Australian inventions and firsts.

SPORTING

Wave piecing catamaran

Winged keel

World series cricket

Super sopper roller

Race cam

:o you ozzies, sometimes I think you really have the best sense of humour, but obviously that's something else the English are better at tho'. I mean blimey mate 'world series cricket' ha ha which part of that did you invent? series? but that just means one after another as in 'is that shelia free now?' as for Super sopper roller sounds like a sheep shearers initiation ceremony, you forgot to mention aussie rules which you can have 'cos it's only a bunch of rednecks losing their temper 'cos they can't play football properly..... :D:D:D

Pot calling the kettle black I think :D

SPORTING

Wave piecing catamaran

Winged keel

World series cricket

Super sopper roller

Race cam

:D you ozzies, sometimes I think you really have the best sense of humour, but obviously that's something else the English are better at tho'. I mean blimey mate 'world series cricket' ha ha which part of that did you invent? series? but that just means one after another as in 'is that shelia free now?' as for Super sopper roller sounds like a sheep shearers initiation ceremony, you forgot to mention aussie rules which you can have 'cos it's only a bunch of rednecks losing their temper 'cos they can't play football properly..... :D:D:D

There was a lot of tongue in cheek in my list mate. :D But the two cricket inventions, world series -it changed cricket forever and led to the introduction of the coloured pajamas one day game of today. Look up the history of World series to see what a difference it made.

The super sopper has saved many a cricket game from a washout by removing excess water from sporting grounds.

I'm still waiting for the inevitable vegemite jokes to start. :o

Edited by Old Croc