Sihounokville

Naise

Hi all, Been teaching in Thailand for 12 years and I am heading over to Cambodia to teach. Does anyone know of any schools in Sihounokville (sorry about the spelling) on the beach.  i am planning to have a driving holiday next month during our holidays here in Thailand and drop in personally to the different schools. Unfotunately I need to be paid but i am not lookig for a high salary.

Thanks for any help.

You could try CWF Cambodia.  Last year I enquired about the availability of teaching work in Phnom Penh and they said there is a good chance of finding paid work in the capital.  In Sihanoukville, it's a different story with  jobs there thin on the ground apparently. I have been teaching for the past five months in Yasothon province, without a degree, on a tourist visa-extension of visa-non 'b' cycle but my time is up and I have little to show for it (my school even deducted 2000 bt for going to Savannakhet to get my 'non-b') and also I am looking to try my luck in the Cambodian capital later next month, so let's know how you go.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, tezzainthailand said:

You could try CWF Cambodia.  Last year I enquired about the availability of teaching work in Phnom Penh and they said there is a good chance of finding paid work in the capital.  In Sihanoukville, it's a different story with  jobs there thin on the ground apparently. I have been teaching for the past five months in Yasothon province, without a degree, on a tourist visa-extension of visa-non 'b' cycle but my time is up and I have little to show for it (my school even deducted 2000 bt for going to Savannakhet to get my 'non-b') and also I am looking to try my luck in the Cambodian capital later next month, so let's know how you go.  Good luck!

One might make a suggestion...perhaps putting in a little study time and getting a degree might leave you with a bit more to show for your hard work.

6 hours ago, tonray said:

One might make a suggestion...perhaps putting in a little study time and getting a degree might leave you with a bit more to show for your hard work.

Degree and "a little study time" don't go together in my experience. Maybe the OP just wants to make a living for a year or two while traveling. The choice of whether to get a college degree (and I assume that's the kind of degree you are talking about) really hinges on what type of career one wants. It's not always the best return on investment, especially these days when getting a degree can put people in tens of thousands of dollars in debt. 

Having said that, I am a believer in putting in the work to attain one's long term goals and if getting a degree is part of that (e.g., to be a career English teacher) then it's just something that must be done. Again, it depends on what the long term goal is. 

To the OP: good luck in finding a job. 

9 hours ago, Goldbear said:

Degree and "a little study time" don't go together in my experience. Maybe the OP just wants to make a living for a year or two while traveling. The choice of whether to get a college degree (and I assume that's the kind of degree you are talking about) really hinges on what type of career one wants. It's not always the best return on investment, especially these days when getting a degree can put people in tens of thousands of dollars in debt. 

Having said that, I am a believer in putting in the work to attain one's long term goals and if getting a degree is part of that (e.g., to be a career English teacher) then it's just something that must be done. Again, it depends on what the long term goal is. 

To the OP: good luck in finding a job. 

And degrees do cost a lot of money, and I don't have a lot of money.  In spite of having no degree, schools I have taught at in Isaan have wanted me to stay on, very happy with my work but of course their hands are tied with the strict labor regulations and there is far less of that in Cambodia.