‘Game of Thrones’ scores 12 Emmys

webfact

‘Game of Thrones’ scores 12 Emmys

606x341_344315.jpg

LOS ANGELES: -- Fantasy drama series “Game of Thrones” won the top Emmy for a second straight year on Sunday (September 18), fending off challenges from newcomers.

“Game of Thrones,” which went into Sunday’s show with a leading 23 nominations, won a total of 12 Emmys, including for directing and writing.

Egyptian-born Rami Malek took home his first Emmy for best drama actor for playing a socially inept computer hacker in Mr. Robot while Canadian Tatiana Maslany was a surprise winner for playing a woman with multiple cloned personalities in “Orphan Black.”

“The People v. O.J. Simpson,” FX’s 10-hour dramatization of the former football player’s 1995 double murder trial and sensational acquittal won nine Emmys, including for best limited series, writing, for lead actors Sarah Paulson and Courtney B. Vance and supporting actor Sterling K. Brown.

“I, along with the rest of the world, had been superficial and careless in my judgment and I am glad to be able to stand here today in front of everyone and tell you I’m sorry,” said Paulson, addressing O.J. prosecutor Marcia Clark, whom she portrayed and also brought to the awards.

Reuters

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-19