Basic first aid materials for box jellyfish attacks available on Lamai beach, Koh Samui

webfact

Basic first aid materials for box jellyfish attacks available on Lamai beach

1909007-wpcf_728x410.jpg

SAMUI: -- Bottles of vinegar and booklets on how to do when stung by box jellyfish have been placed on different points on Lamai beach in Koh Samui following the latest box jellyfish attack against a Russian boy.

Several foreign tourists were reported to be unsure of their safety if they swim in the sea on Lamai beach and had asked officials manning the beach.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/basic-first-aid-materials-box-jellyfish-attacks-available-lamai-beach/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-20

These signs, vinegar and warnings not to enter the water during stinger season have been in place in Australia for well over 50 years, what has taken Thailand so bloody long?  Instead of placing a sign beware, put up one telling people not to go into the water during the season.  I guess the tourist baht is more important than safety.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

These signs, vinegar and warnings not to enter the water during stinger season have been in place in Australia for well over 50 years, what has taken Thailand so bloody long?  Instead of placing a sign beware, put up one telling people not to go into the water during the season.  I guess the tourist baht is more important than safety.

Actually these signs have been used for at least three or four years....  on several beaches.around Samui.  Even some hotels have warning signs posted. 

White Vinegar is easy to buy if one wishes to take extra  precautions.. 

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

Sure the money is important but this is a HUGE move forward and we, who live here in Lamai see this as the Government finally taking responsibility.  The other thing is they are now pretty much calling all Jellyfish here Box Jellyfish which isn't a good thing.

Tourist come here and do DUMB things. There is a reason why we have FIVE (5) International Hospitals on Samui alone with each having over 50 beds, many full. Tourists can see the signs, I'm not sure what is CONFUSING about this.

You get a helmet with your rental scooter NOW you get vinegar with your swim.

7 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Actually these signs have been used for at least three or four  years....  on several beaches.around Samui.  Even some hotels  have warning signs posted. 

White Vinegar is easy to buy if one wishes to take extra  precautions.. 

If there is no vinegar, get someone to urine on it (People p+ss and sh*t on me everyday, no big deal).

Bear Gryllis, the television adventurer, was stung on his arm recently, so he had one of the Spice Girls, who was part of his group, to drop them, and p*ss on his arm. Thats his story anyhow !!!

Archived