Warning of flooding for people living along Chao Phraya river in 7 central provinces

webfact

Warning of flooding for people living along Chao Phraya river in 7 central provinces

1909001-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- People who are living along the Chao Phraya river in seven central provinces have been warned to brace for possible flooding as water level in the river is steadily rising due to runoffs from the northern region.

They were also told to move their valuable belongings to higher ground and to exercise caution when travelling by boat because of the strong currents and rising water level.

Meanwhile, officials and rescue units in the seven central provinces of Uthai Thani, Chainat, Sing Buri, Lop Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya and Suphan Buri have been placed on standby to provide help to affected people.

In economic zone of each province, water pumps have been installed in case the zones are flooded.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/warning-flooding-people-living-along-chao-phraya-river-7-central-provinces/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-20

Chao Phraya River
I've often sat and pondered a thought about safety on these river expressway boats. Especially, during those moments when people are being shuffled to and fro on this crammed transport like a very big tin of sardines on involuntary foot drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

Hmmm... No mention of the large(ish) city that the Chao Phraya, and all the "runoffs from the northern region," also runs through before draining into the gulf? :coffee1:

I live in a flood area near Ayutthaya. I'll keep you posted honestly.......just to stop the panic merchants.