Germany: Mea Culpa from Merkel on migrants after election drubbing

webfact

13 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I understand what you are saying and its a valid point but if the methods of expression used by angry young men are those of terrorism and the fight for the cause is religion then these individuals are terrorists.

Angry young men use vandalism. 

Terrorists use bombs and guns and knives.

Terrorists use panic, whatever devices behind.  

The word "terrorism" should be banned imho, too many that were later on considered freedom fighters were once labeled as "terrorists". Itzak Rabin, Yassir Ararat, Nelson Mandela, Gerry Adams et al.  "Terrorism" is completely overestimated in the damage done - collateral damages like traffic accidents cause far more deaths than terroristic attacks today, eg.

8 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

However the BBC is reporting that she's not going to respond to calls from within the party to cap migrant levels.

She's dug her hole and intends to sit in it.

As well she should. She will pull a Dodgy Dave move in the end. I did what I thought best blah blah blah I leave a rich legacy behind its time to move on to the next level (more money) blah blah blah sorry Germany to leave such a mess behind but I am sure you will understand. In this world its every man/woman for themselves. Adios. 

Caption: Even the longest way begins with a first step.

tmp_5240-20160127_Asyl_Immigration_Fluechtlinge_Merkel_Knast269871429.jpg

"Dear applicants for Western welfare from all the world: I can't manage. The German immigration festival is over.

Under the strain of being completely out of my depth in office I was talking complete rubbish right from the start."

14 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

It's a noble gesture on Merkel's part that she takes the view that migrants can be trained for jobs in industry. But before they can take up that role, they'll have to learn German. That will take at least two years of intensive study assuming none of them tried to learn the language prior to making their way there.

In the meantime they have to be fed, clothed and given free accommodation and pocket money. The more industrious ones might make it through, but the majority will likely make excuses and end up doing menial jobs or living on welfare all at the cost of the German taxpayer.

Her problem now is to try and turn the fiasco into something positive which will see her being re-elected for a 4th term next year. But time is short and with no end in sight to the thousands still landing on Greek shores in the hope of making their way to Germany and beyond, her choices are very limited.

5 hours ago, Xircal said:

Her problem now is to try and turn the fiasco into something positive which will see her being re-elected for a 4th term next year. But time is short and with no end in sight to the thousands still landing on Greek shores in the hope of making their way to Germany and beyond, her choices are very limited.

Re-elected for a 4th term ? :cheesy::cheesy:

I do not know  what the procedure is for sacking the Chancellor, but the CDU will have to ditch Merkel soon, or they will be wiped out as a Party at next years elections.

The thousands that are landing on Greek shores are small potatoes. That you should mention the Greek shores and not mention Italian shores where up to 5000 a day have been arriving just highlights how silent the media have been over the ongoing invasion.

Just now, SgtRock said:

I do not know  what the procedure is for sacking the Chancellor, but the CDU will have to ditch Merkel soon, or they will be wiped out as a Party at next years elections.

The thousands that are landing on Greek shores are small potatoes. That you should mention the Greek shores and not mention Italian shores where up to 5000 a day have been arriving just highlights how silent the media have been over the ongoing invasion.

Merkel's qualified Mea Culpa won't help her as she's not prepared to cap migrant arrivals so is saying ' sorry but I don't really mean it '.

She's experienced enough to know that political parties don't go with a leadership that isn't going to produce a general election win and I'm sure the party managers and grandees are in her ear so she's going to have to face the decision to go or be pushed.

I doubt very much she'll be allowed to stand again.

3 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

I saw a figure of a quarter million arrivals per month to Italy. Making 2016 twice as bad as 2015. Who would have expected arrivals to skyrocket after being invited by the Germans? Her removal from office will be a sign to the migrants that this welfare tourism is over.

10 minutes ago, jaidam said:

Her removal from office will be a sign to the migrants that this welfare tourism is over.

Sadly, I believe nothing is further from the truth.

However many millions that have arrived over the last 2 years, registered, unregistered, known, unknown are only the tip of the iceberg.

The urge by extended family members to join them in Europe will never wane, regardless of what measures are put in place.

What has arrived so far is only the Advance Party, the Main Body has yet to start the journey.

18 hours ago, Scott said:

I wouldn't necessarily confuse being more radical with acts of terrorism.   Younger people are much more prone to violence than older people.   After the age of 25 there is a decline in the rates of violence. 

Do not confuse violence with acts of terrorism.

There is a huge disconnect between violence and acts of terrorism.

There are many who would happily engage in acts of violence but would not dream of engaging in acts of terrorism and vice versa.

20 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

Do not confuse violence with acts of terrorism.

There are many who would happily engage in acts of violence but would not dream of engaging in acts of terrorism and vice versa.

There aren't very many acts of terrorism that aren't acts of violence.  

21 minutes ago, Scott said:

There aren't very many acts of terrorism that aren't acts of violence.  

The violence associated with terrorism is generally noted by victims and the outraged. It is not generally noted by the perpetrators. 

Most terrorists will see nothing violent in planning, implementing and then executing a terrorist act, especially when it by proxy and / or not up close and personal.

Hence:

45 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

2 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

The violence associated with terrorism is generally noted by victims and the outraged. It is not generally noted by the perpetrators. 

Most terrorists will see nothing violent in planning, implementing and then executing a terrorist act, especially when it by proxy and / or not up close and personal.

Hence:

A perfect description of modern warfare. 

24 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

Hence:

I am not so sure a suicide bomber would agree with that, but I do see your point.  

My point on this is that the people engaging in this behavior may not necessarily be more religious than their parents.  

Even Timothy McVeigh was in his late 20's when he set off the Oklahoma bomb.   

g'day ya folks,

mea culpa merkels conceding her helplessness in the eve of her downfall for her oratory rubbish to calm public fear. however none iis believing her hoax anymore in the limelight of medivially unalphabetic muslim freeloaders from the middle east , afghanistan, pakistan and africa entering the welfare shores in europe. germany has seen 142500 violent criminal offences committed in the first half 2016 by illegal freeloaders , german bka( fbi) president confirmed. thereto the public attitude changed for 82 % germans reject now merkel policy, thus the afd party will gain.

it is rubbish to believe uneducated, illitrate muslims can solve the demographic riddle, arriving at 25 to 45 years old , it takes 10 yrs to make them fit for western civilization, after 10 yrs too old for german economy. hence 90 % are useless to werstern society to much welfare input on zero return.

thus all welfare payments to be stopped to them result no more hoards are arriving to benefit of the german natives.

wbr

roobaa01

4 hours ago, Scott said:

I am not so sure a suicide bomber would agree with that, but I do see your point.  

My point on this is that the people engaging in this behavior may not necessarily be more religious than their parents.  

Even Timothy McVeigh was in his late 20's when he set off the Oklahoma bomb.   

In the main there are 2 types of suicide bomber. The dedicated nutjob or the coerced patsy. In both cases, I would doubt very much that either type will be thinking about violence. The dedicated nut job simply will not care and the coerced patsy will be too scared of dying.

I also think that there are 2 types of people in play here. Those that will engage in terrorists acts and those that will not. I am not convinced that the strength of someones faith comes into it. To put that in simple terms, a person will have the ability to take a life or they will not. I doubt that some imaginary god will have much influence in that decision regardless of what someone might claim.

McVeigh had many issues, I do not think Religion was one of them. 

3 hours ago, SgtRock said:

In the main there are 2 types of suicide bomber. The dedicated nutjob or the coerced patsy. In both cases, I would doubt very much that either type will be thinking about violence. The dedicated nut job simply will not care and the coerced patsy will be too scared of dying.

I also think that there are 2 types of people in play here. Those that will engage in terrorists acts and those that will not. I am not convinced that the strength of someones faith comes into it. To put that in simple terms, a person will have the ability to take a life or they will not. I doubt that some imaginary god will have much influence in that decision regardless of what someone might claim.

Thanks SgtRock, for the most part, I would have to agree with you.   Any argument would simply be splitting hairs and arguing terminology. 

I have worked with offenders, including violent offenders so I do know a little about them.   It would appear that there are some differences --perhaps major differences between run of the mill offenders and terrorists.  

I hope that we can began to ascertain what all the different indicators are for terrorism, especially those that we see in Western Countries where other environmental factors are not a major player.  

I suspect that there are some similarities with those in war zones, but I also suspect there are a lot of other factors that would be harder to assess.

Again thanks for the informative analysis.  

On 9/20/2016 at 3:43 PM, sweatalot said:

“I take my share of the responsibility  ...

Wouldn't that mean she steps down?

Or takes care to asap get rid of the unwanted and ungood?

It means nothing whatsoever. Just something politicians and CEO's all over the world say when they can't hide behind anything else.

6 hours ago, SgtRock said:

Certain interpretations of faith could change the perceptions of the perpetrator with regard to the would-be victims. Much easier to kill non-people. I think many underestimate the suggestive power of religion (or ideology, sometimes little to differentiate between them).

People take lives in a variety of situations and for many reasons. It is not always predictable ("he was such a nice, quiet man...."), nor is it always easy to trace the process leading to the act itself.