Five Meter Boa Halts Construction at Pratumnak

webfact

Five Meter Boa Halts Construction at Pratumnak

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat1.jpg

Pol Cpl Pawares Banjong staying away from the business end of the snake...

PATTAYA: -- At 3pm, on the afternoon of September 19, work at a construction site in Pratumnak Hill was halted after a 4.5 meter Boa Constrictor was discovered.

Workers informed Pol Cpl Pawares Banjong Squad Leader Pattaya Police Station, who was on patrol in the area, and between them they tried to catch the snake.

But it resisted and tried to strike.

However, in the end workers did manage to subdue the reptile and took it to the Kao Kiew Zoo where it will be cared for.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231882/five-meter-boa-halts-construction-at-pratumnak/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-20

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

Great news article provides almost no information and manages to get the snake identification wrong.

That is a reticulated python, boas are new world snakes and don't inhabit Asia.

how  do snakes of that size survive on Pratumnak Hill ? I mean it's hardly a large area and it's surrounded by urban jungle.

3 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

how  do snakes of that size survive on Pratumnak Hill ? I mean it's hardly a large area and it's surrounded by urban jungle.

Rats for a start, then any other small animals that it can catch, cats and dogs maybe. Plenty of all of them up there and snakes don't need that much. 

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Great news article provides almost no information and manages to get the snake identification wrong.

That is a reticulated python, boas are new world snakes and don't inhabit Asia.

Accuracy is hardly a priority. Yet another misleading headline as well:

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Five Meter Boa

when in actual fact is was:

8 hours ago, webfact said:

a 4.5 meter Boa

And evidently a different sort of snake.....but I guess no reason to let the truth get in the way of a good headline!

If anyone else has eyes like mine they will have seen many many dead rats on the roads recently around Jomtien.

It used to be dead snakes I saw when out on the bike....but with all the mad construction work the apex predator of these rats has almost been eliminated.

Moving this 'Boa" ( Portuguese colonies call all snakes Cobra !!!) will only increase the rat population.... why the hell can they not leave animals alone.

They are currently emptying Lumpini Park in BKK of all the water monitors.....that the tourists love to see but the locals hold in great suspicion and feel threatened by them.!!!!...pitiful and ignorant... I am starting to run out of derogatory adjectives to describe these people.