INR Machine recall

Sheryl

From prior posts and threads, a number of TV members perform their own INR tests. Be aware that a popular machine made by Alere has now been recalled by the manufacturer. Notifications (see below) have been sent out to persons on file as owning one but some may have failed to get it.

A number if the labs here were using this same machine. Presumably they also received this notification and hopefully changed equipment accordingly, but it would be wise to double check 57e1304106cde_Alerejpg.jpg.afcd4e77d5beabefore having an INR done at a lab.

Thanks to Langsuan Man for bringing this to my (and your) attention.

Yes,  Alere after realizing the nightmare that they have created have now contacted all their customers doctors requesting permission to issue their patients the CoaguCheck machine manufactured by Roche.  Alere is using real hard sell tactics to get you to use the new machine,  to the point of lying,  by telling you that your prescribing doctor ORDERED you to get the new machine

For those who may not know the difference here is a picture of the Roche and Alere machine so if you are using a lab you will know which is which

INR machines.png

16 hours ago, rodknock said:

if you are thinking of getting a machine, get it quick before the american business model kicks in, they need it we can charge what ever we want. just look at epi-pens.

ebay for tester and strips

i have been intouch with roche thailand and had all the details [on fri] so its off to the bank tomorrow.[mon]

On 9/21/2016 at 1:07 AM, Langsuan Man said:

Yes,  Alere after realizing the nightmare that they have created have now contacted all their customers doctors requesting permission to issue their patients the CoaguCheck machine manufactured by Roche.  Alere is using real hard sell tactics to get you to use the new machine,  to the point of lying,  by telling you that your prescribing doctor ORDERED you to get the new machine

For those who may not know the difference here is a picture of the Roche and Alere machine so if you are using a lab you will know which is which

INR machines.png

thanks to you LM.i got my I.N.R.self testing meter on thursday from roche direct. the one on the left.

spent 3days reading up on what to do,and done my first test today. as my range is 2-3 i got a test of 2.4 which is very good.

cant believe i spent 7yrs.going back and fo to the blood lab.in the city,hateing every time i saw the needle and then they had trouble getting any blood,having to shove the needle in further making my toes curl up.

being able to do the test at home with just a small p---k i couldnt believe how conveinent it was.

for them who have to have an I.N.R.test every few weeks if can afford it [30,000bht] i would recomend it.

Archived