Forget playing bridge - now Thai soldiers round up pensioners for dominos!

webfact

Forget playing bridge - now Thai soldiers round up pensioners for dominos!

p1.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Eight pensioners have been arrested in Bangkok for playing dominos.

The raid was carried out by Thai soldiers on an address in Pathumwan, Bangkok.

The seniors - all aged 60 - 70 - were hauled off to the police station on Tuesday to face charges of gambling, reported Daily News.

Taken into evidence were two sets of dominos, playing cards, mahjong sets and some dice. One man was named - he was 52 year old Samart Woranathorrocha who was overseeing the den in Soi Phraya unthorn Phimon.

Thirty two aging members of the Pattaya bridge club were hauled into custody in February in a story that hit the international headlines.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-21

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Eight pensioners have been arrested in Bangkok for playing dominos. "

Well, that's the right thing to do when you have pensioners squandering their extremely generous 600 Baht monthly pension. 

I'm certain the government would rather have them spend all that money it on rent, utilities, food, clothing, supporting spouses, transportation and clean entertainment.

So to play Domino's in Thailand you have to visit  ' a den ' !   Lol.     Can just imagine one evening saying to the Mrs ''Come on, lets sneak down to the Domino Den for a bit of covert fun ''.

Thailand is but a very large Mental Institution for sure and large numbers of the afflicted are running the whole caboodle !

I wonder if the soldiers were in full combat gear with automatic weapons like with the bridge club.

These pensioners should kick in and hire a professional cockatoo so they can get prior warning and make a quick getaway in their walking frames and wheelchairs. In fact they should upgrade their normal walkers to the faster getaway model as shown.

PM Prayut should be proud of his boys for busting this hot bed of gambling.

Fast getaway walker.jpg

Standard walker.jpg

Relief!  

We've finally found public servants with the balls to hunt down and arrest the Abbot at Dhamayhayayayayaya, the jet-setting fraudster monk in Ray-Bans, the Red Bull heir murderer of Thong Lor police, and a few other high-profile law-evaders!  

Go get 'em!  

11 minutes ago, DLang said:

Please respect the laws of Thailand.

Indeed ,  we  do not  want  domino type farlangs , in Thailand  .

Good  old  fashioned sex tourist  welcome, you and your zimmer .

5 hours ago, DLang said:

Please respect the laws of Thailand.

You say please respect the laws of Thailand. Well no bugger else does.

Dominoes <deleted>sake what next arrested for farting????

People around the world seeing nonsense like that are p....ing themselves with laughter.

This mob seem to be doing everything they can to make Thailand look stupid.

When i had my accident did the  b.i.b. respect the law  !!! NO !! THEY LIED AND LIED. !!!!

40 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

You don't think there was money changing hands...just arrived in Thailand today?  ??

When the Thai police arrest people for gambling they are duty bound to report that they also impounded the money that was in evidence too. There was no mention of this in the report or evidence of it in the photos. These were farangs they arrested, not Thais.

Archived