Bangkok taxi driver shot dead as gunman flees on Pakistani ice-cream seller's motorbike

webfact

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Taxi drivers are already dangerous enough with only a steering wheel in their hands. Imagine what it would be like if they were allowed to arm themselves...

I would bet Taxi drivers have less accidents per equal miles driven than average Thai drivers who live in urban areas.

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

like Brit or yanks or krauts or frogs or dago, don't see those being made illegal, not the right colour probably

All of those can be viewed as abusive. The last three in particular are so.

Bigots have a wide range of abusive terms.

Makes you wonder what #%$>#% up their lives to fill them with so much hate and prejudice. 

Also so have to wonder why someone thinks you can only be British, American, German,  French or Spanish, or any nationality for that matter, if you are a certain colour. 

Edited by Bluespunk

All of those can be viewed as abusive. The last three in particular are so.

Bigots have a wide range of abusive terms.

Makes you wonder what #%$>#% up their lives to fill them with so much hate and prejudice. 

Also so have to wonder why someone thinks you can only be British, American, German,  French or Spanish, or any nationality for that matter, if you are a certain colour. 

Usually life experiences,unless you were raised in a bubble.

6 hours ago, augustwest said:

Usually life experiences,unless you were raised in a bubble.

That's BS. 

Anyone with life experience would not be filled with the hate racists possess. 

Its lack of life experience that allows their bigotry and intolerance to go unchallenged. 

23 hours ago, kickstart said:

We have in this area, 3-4 guys selling ,'Roties", the flat pancake sweets ,that are cooked  on  they hot plate, one guy uses a pushbike , others use a motorbikes and sidecars ,all are from the Indian sub continent ,been  doing it for some years , so non Thais can be food venders , un less as has been said  ,it applies to non whites only. 

Back to the subject, I would say  a revenge killing ,or some one some where  lost face big time .

Those curries/pakis are most likely thai citizens as they were born here.

On 9/21/2016 at 10:25 PM, KBsinter said:

I believe in England it is illegal to use the term PAKI, as it is derogatory

the  Paki"s say !!! LOL.

Lots of things are now illegal in the UK, i'm starting to wonder when the backlash comes and it will be worse than when PC started. Lots of British black humour has been thrown overboard by the BBC cowering to the PC mob. Sometimes Indians,Pakistanis and black people in general have to be told that they are being insulted,they just didn't realize it. I worked in an office in Germany of mixed race and gender and we took the mickey out of each other in a way that wouldn't be possible in the UK, did we laugh and have fun, it's the only place i have laughed until i cried 

Edited by soalbundy

On 21.9.2016 at 5:32 PM, willyumiii said:

Pakistani ice-cream seller ????

I thought only Thais could be food vendors in Thailand.

Or is it only white foreigners who are restricted as to what jobs they can have here?

Once again..I am so confused!

The Turkish ice cream makers on Pattaya walking street do indeed look quite Turkish.

I doubt they can do their business in open sight at WS without a permit.

Also it is still possible that this ice cream seller is of Pakistani origin and naturalized.

Don't take Thai news reports to picky.

In the village there is a roti ("crepes") seller who is definitely of south Asian origin (I hesitate to write "Aryan" :blink:).

The villagers refert to him as "Indian".

On 21.9.2016 at 5:32 PM, willyumiii said:

Pakistani ice-cream seller ????

I thought only Thais could be food vendors in Thailand.

Or is it only white foreigners who are restricted as to what jobs they can have here?

Once again..I am so confused!

The Turkish ice cream makers on Pattaya walking street do indeed look quite Turkish.

I doubt they can do their business in open sight at WS without a permit.

Also it is still possible that this ice cream seller is of Pakistani origin and naturalized.

Don't take Thai news reports to picky.

In the village there is a roti ("crepes") seller who is definitely of south Asian origin (I hesitate to write "Aryan" :blink:).

The villagers refert to him as "Indian".

Can resist sharing this, if some consider it racist, well whoever said the Thais are not.

Was teaching in the south of the country and one day at lunch-time an agency sent a new teacher.

He was from Sri-Lanka, but the kids all thought he was there to sell rotis.

Can resist sharing this, if some consider it racist, well whoever said the Thais are not.

Was teaching in the south of the country and one day at lunch-time an agency sent a new teacher.

On 9/21/2016 at 8:40 AM, Alive said:

In an earlier story, a lot of people said they didn't want taxi drivers to have anything they could use for personal protection. I wonder how many of these guys die a year for a life on the road and little money in their pockets.