Private Schools With International Curriculum in Pattaya?

thailen

I'm looking for a school with grades 8-12 with fees substantially lower than Regent,Garden, etc. Those schools cater to rich businessmen an women and are out of my price range. Surely there are others - I've Googled the landscape and came up empty. So any suggestions and leads would be greatly apprecited.

I went to Regent's for like 8 years from year 4 til year 11. Personally, I believe no matter what school you send your kids to, it's pretty much the same. Although your choice might influnce them, how they are shaped at the end of the day will still be their choice.

There are 3 other options you could consider:

1.) Go to Regent's or the similar ones and see whether your kids are capable of obtaining a scholarship

2.) home schooling

3.) Private tutoring/online tutoring

There are some questions you might want to think about.

Are you looking for a school that offers curriculum that's taught in English?  That do exams like IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-Level? Planning to send them overseas or just Thai uni? Do you want your kids to be able to speak English?

Not only are there not others, those two don't really qualify as International Schools. You will have to send your child away either to Bangkok or abroad. It's not inexpensive. Education remains a business in Thailand. As the poster indicated, more of it depends on the student than the "school". Motivated dedicated students can excel in any school. The rest just fall by the wayside in this country and many others. "What would you like to order?". Good luck. 

• 2 months later...

We will very likely send our boy to Phoenix English programme next year when he starts in 2nd grade.

They keeps hitting my son at Maryvitt and he been told to keep quiet about it but we still find out, slowly.

He is having difficulties with his Thai writing and thinks that hitting him will improve matters, idiots, I went to public schools in Denmark in the 70s and they never hit the kids then. My wife had a meeting with the lady vice principal about it and she told my wife that the kids needs some discipline and a little clap on the hand don't harm anybody. (it's not just a clap on the hand , sometimes, I am pretty sure).

Well well, I don't agree with that, I think it destroys the kids self confidence and their ability to think "outside" the box and they will be like a trained monkey instead   

Phoenix have Cambridge tuition in science-math and English. 

70k baht per term, so 140k baht per year, a small school with 300 students and max 25 in each class.

Only up to 6th grade and then we will likely choose Assumption from then on.

I Claudius, did your boy attend the English programme in Assumption? Thanks.

3 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

We will very likely send our boy to Phoenix English programme next year when he starts in 2nd grade.

They keeps hitting my son at Maryvitt and he been told to keep quiet about it but we still find out, slowly.

He is having difficulties with his Thai writing and thinks that hitting him will improve matters, idiots, I went to public schools in Denmark in the 70s and they never hit the kids then. My wife had a meeting with the lady vice principal about it and she told my wife that the kids needs some discipline and a little clap on the hand don't harm anybody. (it's not just a clap on the hand , sometimes, I am pretty sure).

Well well, I don't agree with that, I think it destroys the kids self confidence and their ability to think "outside" the box and they will be like a trained monkey instead   

Phoenix have Cambridge tuition in science-math and English. 

70k baht per term, so 140k baht per year, a small school with 300 students and max 25 in each class.

Only up to 6th grade and then we will likely choose Assumption from then on.

I Claudius, did your boy attend the English programme in Assumption? Thanks.

Yes he did , but he was also schooled in the UK for many years so his English is perfect , in fact he sounds British if you talk to him although he originally was born here and we took him to the UK when he was 6 .

it really is a good school , a friend of his went to Regents and even he admits it was not worth the money , (as does his father) lol.

Do you want an internationally accredited IB program, or just an "international" school ?

Do you plan to send your kids to a university outside of Thailand after they finish highschool here ?

I think you need to consider these things first ...

luudee

1 hour ago, luudee said:

Do you want an internationally accredited IB program, or just an "international" school ?

Do you plan to send your kids to a university outside of Thailand after they finish highschool here ?

I think you need to consider these things first ...

luudee

I don't know if my son have the skills for university, no one ever in my family managed to go to uni but I still managed to become an engineer and earn some money.

No, not rich enough to put him in uni (if he got the skills) in Singapore,UK or Aus.

I will likely send him to Denmark to do his 10th grade there on a boarding school but still many years out in the future and that have also something to with securing him a Danish citizenship/passport beyond his 18th birthday.

1 minute ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I don't know if my son have the skills for university, no one ever in my family managed to go to uni but I still managed to become an engineer and earn some money.

No, not rich enough to put him in uni (if he got the skills) in Singapore,UK or Aus.

I will likely send him to Denmark to do his 10th grade there on a boarding school but still many years out in the future and that have also something to with securing him a Danish citizenship/passport beyond his 18th birthday.

So if you are from Danmark, University is free, isn't it ?

I'm from Europe as well, and am NOT planning to support my kids when they do go to University. And of course, nobody knows the actual path kids will take ;)

BUT, I want to do whatever possible to open an opportunity for them. And I am encouraging them from an early age to try to reach the University level.

University is free, and they will receive some support money from the government while they are students. And for whatever extra they will need, they will have to take on a side job !

luudee 

Yes uni is free in DK but you need real high scores to get in, actually it's the only thing counting, doesn't helping coming with a big bag of money. So if many wants to do say medical studies; they raise the scores accordingly.

I will off-course also try to encouraging my boy to try to get to uni.

So which school does your kids attend here Luudee?

2 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes uni is free in DK but you need real high scores to get in, actually it's the only thing counting, doesn't helping coming with a big bag of money. So if many wants to do say medical studies; they raise the scores accordingly.

I will off-course also try to encouraging my boy to try to get to uni.

So which school does your kids attend here Luudee?

Both of my girls are going to Regents.

I am not rich, and am struggling with the fees ... but thank god so far I earn enough to pay for it.

They have been there now for 10 and 9 years, 3.5 and 4.5 years to go ...

I like regents from the educational perspective. I think the kids are being taught quite well, and are being

prepared for University or whatever else they want to do. I always talk to the teachers, and have been

almost always quite happy with them.

The fees have now reached a level of absurdness, and I have been considering of moving them to another

school as well. But so far,  I have not seen anything that I would consider even close to the Regents educational

level. I'm sure many will disagree with me, but this is just my opinion.

But I am counting the days when it will be over :P

luudee