English Teachers

ChangMaiSausage

Hi, I'm trying to find an English teacher who would be able to teach a six year old (Thai) girl basic English. She will be moving away from Thailand in July/Aug and I'm concerned about finding a school that will accept her due to a lack of English.

Basically I'm looking for a teacher based in Chiang Mai that would be able to spend two hours a day teaching her basic english.

Thanks for any advice given

Dave

Note, She will be moving to Doha, Qatar.

Hi, I'm trying to find an English teacher who would be able to teach a six year old (Thai) girl basic English. She will be moving away from Thailand in July/Aug and I'm concerned about finding a school that will accept her due to a lack of English.

Basically I'm looking for a teacher based in Chiang Mai that would be able to spend two hours a day teaching her basic english.

Dave

Better she learn Arabic........... :o

Dave

At that age she could get into a school and pick up English very quickly - It would be a problem for an older kid - but at that age I don't think that it is.

Two hours a day for a 6 year old is a lot. Have you thought about looking for after school classes she can go into. Little Stars spring to mind for an after-school program. Wichai Wittayalai run a bilingual program - maybe she could enter it for the remainder of the school year and do summer classes in the holidays. Some of the International Schools run Summer Programs - have you thought about enrolling for those?

It might be worthwhile searching the web for schools in the region you are moving to and talking to them about it. They will tell you what is expected, but I don't honestly think it is a problem for that age group.

I've seen Thai kids go to the UK - in the state system - and after a year they speak better English than their mothers!

I don't know your domestic situation, but if you speak only English with her at home she will pick up a lot very quickly. It is very important that you try to restrict Thai talking. It may seem weird at first - but it will work!

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

Hi Dave,

I'll be in Chiang Mai in January 2007 and I'm organizing Art lessons in english for kids. I want to do lessons for individuals or small groups every workday of the week.

I have over one year's experience teaching children.

If your interested you can google "Nina F.Bru" and find my webpage (at zumzumgallery).

Thanks Nina

Thanks for all of the responses. I have enquired about the posibility of her joinging an International school for the remainder of the year + there we have had an offer for a school teacher to give her an hours tuition a day.

The Dan Sai kid you mention "Little Stars" what is the address of this place?

Ninalaberynt send me a personal email regarding the Art classes I might be interested in sending her (sanuk sanuk)

Thanks again guys

Thanks for all of the responses. I have enquired about the posibility of her joinging an International school for the remainder of the year + there we have had an offer for a school teacher to give her an hours tuition a day.

The Dan Sai kid you mention "Little Stars" what is the address of this place?

Ninalaberynt send me a personal email regarding the Art classes I might be interested in sending her (sanuk sanuk)

Thanks again guys

I can't remember the street name, but it's the road that runs parallel to Nimmaheimen, heading away from Doi Suthep - it's well signposted, so you won't miss it.

I can't remember the street name, but it's the road that runs parallel to Nimmaheimen, heading away from Doi Suthep - it's well signposted, so you won't miss it.

little stars is off sirimangklajarin (sp?) which, as stated, is the road that runs parallel to Nimmaheimen. it is between suthep and huey khao roads.