Police success or more hot air?  Cops proudly display guns and a few grams of ice and ganja - but the bombers remain free

webfact

Police success or more hot air?  Cops proudly display guns and a few grams of ice and ganja - but the bombers remain free

a1.jpg

Image: Daily News

HUA HIN: -- As a huge gathering of local and regional police slapped each other on the back for the latest results in a provincial crime sweep, the bombers who created havoc in August remain free.

Top brass from all over the area gathered in Prajuab Khiri Khan yesterday to celebrate finding 71 guns and arresting 131 people for drugs, reported Daily News.

They got a little over 5,000 Ya Ba and a paltry 21.76 grams of amphetamines and 67.19 grams of ganja.

Then in a meeting after the display of evidence it was announced that the hunt for the bombers was still "in progress".

And reporters were told little more than there would be more news in a week.

The 71 guns on show were part of 71 weapons and explosives offences though none of these related to the outrages of 10 -12 August in Hua Hin and several other southern provinces.

Some 92 illegal foreign workers were rounded up, 28 arrests were made for gambling, as well as some for illegal fishing and eleven cold cases were cleared up. 

Human trafficking offences were also mentioned but no details were given as to what this referred to.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-23

One officer salutes to show his respect for the almighty gun. Not hard to imagine all the kowtowing, ass licking and forelock tugging that went on at this kids party.

So 141 drug arrests for that miserable haul of drugs equates to 38 ya ba pills/person, 0.17gms of amphetamines/person and 0.5gms of ganja/person. A great effort, time for high fiving all round.

Then a slap-up lunch with giggling fawning waitresses, a feast of prawns and a Sangsom or three.

"...Top brass from all over the area gathered in Prajuab Khiri Khan yesterday to celebrate...They got a little over 5,000 Ya Ba and a paltry 21.76 grams of amphetamines and 67.19 grams of ganja..."

After the event, they lined up for a group photo:

lovein.jpg

Peace man!

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

would bet my left nut the cops kept the guns. they are worth a lot of money in thailand due to heavy import taxes. the drugs were probably sold on or saved to be used as evidence in future drugs crimes.

So your saying the big smiles on their faces are not for a job well done but smiles of profit. Well I think your right. It was also turned into a big photo-op glad handing party time like another poster states. Its atypical of the type of world we live in. Take the public's eye off the ball sorry bombers. Fast forward a year and it will be just another unsolved mystery. I like another posters comments about them finally getting out of their pill boxes putting on their regulation sun glasses and going out into the real world. I wonder if it scares them as much as it does me. 

5 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

would bet my left nut the cops kept the guns. they are worth a lot of money in thailand due to heavy import taxes. the drugs were probably sold on or saved to be used as evidence in future drugs crimes.

There might be some truth in this statement ....

On 9/24/2016 at 8:08 PM, ClutchClark said:

When I go running I look at the distance I have accomplished rather than the distance left to go. 

Try to stay positive--life is better that way.

Yup - but never be afraid of the truth or be ignorant. And the glass is always full!

And always remember: 

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein

Archived