Leading public and private hospitals cooperate to develop Thailand as medical hub

webfact

Leading public and private hospitals cooperate to develop Thailand as medical hub

BANGKOK, 23 September 2016 (NNT) - More than 30 public and private hospitals from all regions across the country join hands in improving standards of medical treatments and services. The MoU is expected to help develop Thailand as the medical hub of ASEAN. 

Director of Bumrungrad International Hospital M.D. Num Tanthuwanit on Thursday presided over the signing of a MoU between Bumrungrad and 36 leading public and private hospitals.

The MoU seeks to strengthen their capacity to treat patients and develop academic cooperation so that parients in all areas have access to the best medical treatments and services. 

Under the MoU, teams will be set up to coordinate interhospital transfer of patients, transfer of information and patient examination. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-23

Safer to just fly into Singapore if you really need hospitalisation level of medical care.

Thailand entertainment hub, fishing hub, rice hub, etc etc etc but definitely not medical hub by international standards.

13 minutes ago, HoboKay said:

Safer to just fly into Singapore if you really need hospitalisation level of medical care.

Thailand entertainment hub, fishing hub, rice hub, etc etc etc but definitely not medical hub by international standards.

I agree...there are some good doctors however a lot of doctors are questionable with what they are capable of doing and knowing how the education system works here, its scary to think you can really trust some of them..If I was facing a major surgery, I think I would head back to my home country...the pricing system is way out of hand as well...not cheap to foreigners by any means...if not Singapore, Malaysia is a good option as well...qualified doctors and very reasonable prices

The Thai family concede you go to the hospital to die, in our area. Stay at home save your money to entertain the locals at your death celebration. I have not been impressed with the majority of hospitals nor doctors. I have dealt with some very good of the latter, but you need to do your homework and make inquiries to others they have dealt with to get good care. The majority of hospitals run admintance of patients and doctor assignment like the cashier lines at makro, (depends on length of tail back)

The private hospitals are here to make money for the owners and the government ones are to keep the population somewhat satisfied. The latter are as corrupt as the rest of the government services if you believe the reports being made. I have made a few observations that support the reports of corruption that has been made and is presently being approached.

The big Bangkok hospitals only want to compare their prices to US hospitals. Compared

to other countries they are quite expensive. If foreigners could get the Thai price (not 30baht program)

they could become a hub but with double pricing standard, I doubt it. :coffee1:

They tried to have this meeting 8 years ago. The TAT wanted the private hospitals to lead the way. The meeting was scrapped two days before as the TAT and MoPH said it was a bad idea as good doctors would be lured away from servicing Thais at public hospitals for the bigger bucks of private ones. Plus they didn't want to spend the money for the benefit of the private hospitals.

So it's interesting how they finally got to this point.

9 minutes ago, Ulic said:

The big Bangkok hospitals only want to compare their prices to US hospitals. Compared

to other countries they are quite expensive. If foreigners could get the Thai price (not 30baht program)

they could become a hub but with double pricing standard, I doubt it. :coffee1:

do you know how the prices compare  to places like  Medanta in Delhi India for example (with good doctors some with international experience that at least you would be able to communicate with in English quite easily)?

http://www.medanta.org/doctor_list.aspx

Two hubs in one day,  this must be a record. The health hub and the electric vehicle hub.

Now we have a medical hub to cure all Thailand's health problems. But earlier this morning we had a hub for electric vehicles to fix the energy crisis.. 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/944438-will-thailand-choke-on-the-tailpipe-of-bangkoks-eco-hubris/#comment-11174234

The Land of Hubs.

The major Thai hospitals in the primary tourist hubs like Bangkok, Phuket, or Chiang Mai are quite good and still reasonably priced compared to US hospitals. There is really no need to fly to Singapore. Places like Bamrungrat or Chiang Mai Ram are far better than your average hospital in the US. What is better in the US are the cancer centers like MD Anderson, especially for the rarer cancers and for access to clinical trials.

"...Under the MoU, teams will be set up to coordinate interhospital transfer of patients, transfer of information and patient examination..."

I can see it now:

Hospital A

"...the patient was alive when he left our hospital (and our records prove it), so we're not paying any compensation"! 

Hospital B

"...well, he wasn't alive when he arrived here, so we're not paying any compensation"! 

The hub of buck passing and no responsibility.