Condo rip off in Hua Hin - claimants step up pressure with money laundering claim

webfact

Condo rip off in Hua Hin - claimants step up pressure with money laundering claim

p2.jpg

Image: tnamcot

HUA HIN: -- Claimants in a fraud case against a Hua Hin condo development have presented evidence they say shows the project was involved in money laundering.

Charnchai Walinanon went to the Crime Suppression Division yesterday on behalf of multiple victims who claim they were defrauded by Hua Hin Tropical Co Ltd.

He presented evidence of the money trail and asked for the laundering aspect of the case to be added to charges of fraud that are already with the public prosecutor.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-23

50 minutes ago, clockman said:

Tip of a very big iceberg!

And the under surface part of the iceberg will melt and disappear leaving only the very small top exposed. The next headline will be about one of those at the top coming to a tragic end in a cell by hanging himself with his underpants during a power outage.

5 hours ago, shirtless said:

This is why i invest in the west , these people are all to common in Thailand.

2 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

I've heard of these scams but from the story I am not sure how money laudering directly effected the claimant's for the fraud perpetrated upon them.

Do you actually have comparative stats to back that up? Of course, not. 

13 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

Do you actually have comparative stats to back that up? Of course, not. 

Money laundering is to do with hiding money, by nefarious means usually.

The fraud claimants have a case about not receiving what they paid for, if the perpetrators hid the money some how, it is not the issue of the claimants. I can see an issue if the fraudsters are trying to show that they didn't receive the money in the first place, but surely the victims can show that they did.

I fail to comprehend you wanting to know if I have 'comparative' statistics. That question doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

On 9/23/2016 at 8:55 AM, Brer Fox said:

And the under surface part of the iceberg will melt and disappear leaving only the very small top exposed. The next headline will be about one of those at the top coming to a tragic end in a cell by hanging himself with his underpants during a power outage.

Must be awfully big underpants.

Archived