EXPAT FAIR 2016 INVITATION TO EXPAT VENDORS

BKKBrit

Hi Expats in Bangkok! 

As some of you may be aware, TAT is hosting the first Expat Fair to be held on the 1st and 2nd October. I am helping a friend who is organising the space for the stalls and booths - and we're on the lookout for some expats that might like to join the Expat Fair - by selling unique and different products and foodstuffs. 

• Cheeses / dried meats (we can't provide refrigeration but we have power if you can bring your own small units)
  • Breads / Cakes / Cookies 
  • Sauces / Jams / Marmalades 
  • Imported items from their home countries - except alcohol. 
  • And we're open to suggestions if you have something fun from your home country to sell! 

The space is completely free of charge and a table and a couple of chairs are provided as is lighting & power. But they can't provide display or refrigeration units - sorry. 

Naturally the Expat vendors gets to charge and keep their revenue. If he or she would like to make a small donation to the nominated charity www.trashhero.org from profits, that's welcomed. 

Please PM me with an idea of what you have - photos or a website would help heaps - so we can ensure that it's a fit with the rest! 

And finally, you're all welcome to come and join the event - and we're looking for Expat Volunteers to also participate in the 'Dunk the Expat' which instead of being dropped into water, you'll be dropped in a barrel full of balls - so no water waste and no soggy clothes. And all for charity! 

Chang beer is there plus food from Mexico, US, England, Japan, India, Italy and even Africa and a good selection of food trucks. So if you're bit of a foodie and you enjoy some lively international music come along on the 1st and the 2nd October. 

Thanks folks! 

Expat Fair Poster.jpg

25 minutes ago, jcgodber said:

so is it legal for an expat to sell products. i have no work permit. would  I Not be displacing a Thai national? It would ruin my day to be jailed and deported

You can not get a work permit for sales. That's a Thai national job only.

10 hours ago, Angry Beaver said:

Sorry for the dumb question but when you say expats aren't allowed to sell something in Thailand as in commercially and not private sales correct?

Let's say i sell fruit, homegrown....would i be allowed to sell it to my neighbours in private but not when i put a stand on the street to sell it commercially?  And what if i let my wife's son sell it on the street? He is too small to pick the fruit (high tree's) so i had to do that for him without workpermit.

And how can an expat sell cheese on the expat-fair? It has to be imported i assume? Do we need permits for that as well for the expat-fair? Or are we only allowed to sell home-made cheese made from Thai milk and have to show the receipts?

The laws in Thailand are so against expats that i wouldn't dare to even go to the expat-fair. Those fairs can be great fun though, we have Pasar Malams (Asian foodmarkets) all over Europe every year and they are great to taste Asian food, home-made that is without workpermits since we are open-minded people. Also we have Chinese restaurants at every corner of the street, run by chinese or they are no good and have disgusting food.

Hi everyone.....

Sorry, I should have been clearer - you're right. This sort of activity has to be run by an expatriate who has a legal work permit in the Kingdom and whose business is in food manufacturing or importing. There are quite a few of them around and it's those I am trying to help my friend find. 

Sadly yes, if you have a passion for baking breads or cookies but you don't have the relevant legal papers to take that to the public, then sorry, we can't provide a space. 

I wish it were easier, believe me. 

On 26/09/2016 at 11:54 AM, BKKBrit said:

Sadly yes, if you have a passion for baking breads or cookies but you don't have the relevant legal papers to take that to the public, then sorry, we can't provide a space. 

I wish it were easier, believe me. 

It's not as simple as just having a work permit. Expats can only work in the location(s) stated in the permit.

It is almost impossible to add a temporary location to a work permit.