Do you get bombarded with ads after installing LINE?

Xircal

I know LINE is very popular in SE Asia and most of my Thai friends use it. But looking at the terms it looks as if users will get inundated with ads after installing it. I get pestered by some of them to install it and figured I'll have to accept the crap that goes with free apps these days.

Does anyone have any experience of how much advertising appears when you use it. Are they full screen ads which remain on screen for 30 seconds like they do on Skype for Android?

Is there a premium plan available by which one pays an annual fee to skip ads?

18 hours ago, HampiK said:

I am using line since many years and never have seem ads, or been spamed.

What you are talking about

Same to me.

No popups or the like.

Just the little red lights on the misc shops etc. in the "More" tab.

But who cares.

No pop-ups as far as I know. Been using it for ages, hard not to here.

Maybe try it for a few days, and if it represents undue issues for you uninstall it. Or would that be too straight-forward?

There are ads on the "Timeline" and "Settings" tabs, but these are unobtrusive in nature, i.e. you have to go to those tabs and scroll.

A friend of mine has a Samsung phone. A lady insisted that he install Line. She installed and set it up for him. Within a couple weeks he had several pages of crap. He didn't know how to remove them. Since he never used Line anyways, I uninstalled it for him and he is happy. My wife's phone is always buzzing, ringing or tinging. She uses all that social crap. I make very few calls and will gladly pay the pittance for my calls.