Thai Lion Air's flight delayed after pilot aborts take-off

rooster59

23 hours ago, Dibbler said:

Newest pilots too, some of the most inexperienced flying in Thailand

Up to now I have seen nothing to indicate the flight crew did anything wrong... They can not help it if one of the thousands of things that can go wrong with a plane just happens to happen when they are hurtling down the runway for take off.

Now lets look at Thai, are they so perfect?

Incident: Thai A359 at Phuket on Sep 21st 2016, temporary runway excursion on landing

A Thai Airways Airbus A350-900, registration HS-THB performing flight TG-221 from Bangkok to Phuket (Thailand) with 138 passengers and 14 crew, landed on Phuket's runway 27 at 19:46L (12:46Z), but went temporarily left off the runway, damaged four left main tyres and a number of runway edge lights before returning onto the runway. There were no injuries, the aircraft sustained minor damage, four left main tyres received dents and scratches but remained inflated.

From the Aviation Herald  http://avherald.com/h?article=49e5774b&opt=0

23 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

I wish they would sue you for defamation for that ridiculous statement.

The Captain on my recent flight to Udon Thani was a middle aged German and we had an excellent flight

Correct, so let's face it, some posters have trouble keeping track of the days and making intelligent comment on pilot skills ...... well that could be quiet a stretch.

3 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

You get It as a copilot flying with experienced Captains.

Do not pilots fly planes too... even if not as Pilot In Command (PIC), but then does that mean the PIC can not even go to the rest room???

AFAIK all pilots have to meet international standards, be it some airlines and pilot training schools may be be better than others...  

21 hours ago, seajae said:

flights are good but their baggage service leaves a bit to be desired, two broken baggage handles and the extendable handle on another one also damaged, they refused to do anything about them and actually closed the service area when we told them about it, head office virtually said bad luck, guess throwing the baggage is normal procedure for them and customer service is also off limits. To be as cheap as they are they have to cut corners somewhere .......

I would assume it's airport baggage handlers that damaged your luggage. In my experience, even the airline staff that check it in are probably just airport employees wearing the uniform, barring the station manager who is usually employed by the airline.

On 9/24/2016 at 5:19 PM, CGW said:

^ Was he not just doing his job? society seems to want to make a "hero" out of anybody and everybody in this day & age,

I think it's more a question of struggling to find something positive to write about.

On 24/09/2016 at 11:19 AM, CGW said:

^ Was he not just doing his job? society seems to want to make a "hero" out of anybody and everybody in this day & age,

Well if he was going fast I am sure he would have been thinking just how much a new set of pads and tyres was going to cost as he and the co pilot pushed hard on the brakes... :shock1:

The Captain on my recent flight to Udon Thani was a middle aged German and we had an excellent flight

Not so ridiculous! It's widely known in the industry especially in Asia that there is currently a lack of experienced pilots, yet the demand for air travel is increasing and being met with new airlines like Thai Lion that are paying lower salaries and so attract less experienced pilots who need to get their hours up so they can get into jobs with the better airlines. My neighbors both of whom are pilots (one with THAI one with AirAsia) have made this comment. Having inexperienced pilots is at the cost of air safety and we have the recent crashes of AirAsia and Lion Air (landing in the water next to the runway in Bali) and near misses with Nok Air to prove that this is an issue. Fly low cost at your own risk!

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, F4UCorsair said:

300 meters below the GS at what distance?  20 miles is not a problem, 3 miles or less is a major problem.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, F4UCorsair said:

300 meters below the GS at what distance?  20 miles is not a problem, 3 miles or less is a major problem.

low enough for the control tower to  make the captain abort the landing

On 25.9.2016 at 8:34 AM, F4UCorsair said:

On what basis would you have no doubts about the young Air Asia plilot you know??  He's a good guy?  He sounds/acts confidently?  Can sink a lot of Chang?  None of those make him competent.

The public have no way of knowing what standard the flight crew are.  He may struggle to pass checks, and he's not going to advertise that.

That he's flying means he has passed and so met at least the minimum standard, provided the company's Check & Training Is Itself of the required standard.

Unable to edit typos or use lower case 'I' (eye, not 'L') since TV upgrade.

I do not know how you can interpret such bullshit into my posting. Maybe to much Chang did disturb you in the meantime. 

Just one more thing: After the FAA paid visits to Thailand also Air Asia improved on standards, proceedures, training and tests. Anyway whatever one types here gets misinterpreted buy some ppl that may have issues with themselves. I will stop posting here.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:43 PM, Asiantravel said:

Whilst the claim maybe ambiguous or even not true. Defamation is ridiculous and childish. People can have an opinion on a message board and should be allowed one in life. Shouting defamation just shows immaturity.