UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Financial Requirement

Hi all,

Just in the process of gathering documentation etc. for my wife's settlement visa.

In order to satisfy the financial requirments of the visa application, we will be opting for Catagory A - Sponsor's income from Salaried Employment in the UK.

However it would really helpful if somebody could clarify if we will be OK based on the following:

I returned to England in March this year (2016) and started working with my current employer on 4th April.  At the end of this month (September 30th) I will recieve my 6th payslip.   By the time I have printed this off/sorted out corresponding bank statements etc. and posted them to my wife in Thailand, we expect/hope to be submitting the visa application around 10th October.

Although I will have been in employment for over 6 months at that time (4th April - 10th October), will to be OK that, although I have 6 months payslips, technically speaking they are for a fraction under 6 months (4th April to 30th September).  All payslips exceed the minimum required amount.

I really don't want to wait another month as I'm worried I may not get my wife over in time for Christmas in our new house, but would be good to see what everyone thinks.

Thanks in advance

Michael

I think so, as the date of application will be more than 6 months after you started work The relevant part of the appendix says

5.1. Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more –  person residing in the UK 
5.1.1. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the same employer for at least 6 months prior to the date of application, they can count their gross annual salary towards the financial requirement. In doing so they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application.

Your employer's letter will obviously confirm this, even though your last payslip will be dated before this date.

Check Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE: family members specified evidence to ensure you include all the required evidence relevant to you.