Where To Buy A Decent Mattress..

Ajarn

For about the last 6 years, I have tried sleeping on Thai mattresses.. without luck. I'm always getting hard as a rock foam or soft spring beds which I can feel each spring... What I want is what I was using my first 14 years here... A coconut bed or something 'old syle'.. I've tried those Chinese Cushions ( three pieces to bed), but wasn't impressed with the hardness.... Today, I blew another 8,000 baht to replace the one I had bought for 20,000 to replace the one I got for 6,000 baht...And so it goes.. I've found the same basic bed at Koncept store and every other bed place I have visited.

Can somone suggest a good bed store with old fashioned beds?

Are you perhaps looking for the old style mattress filled with kapok (nun in Thai) ? They made big ones and 3 piece ones so maybe it is not what you want. The one I got years ago was from a village factory down by McKean.

There is some comfortable Sealy mattresses around but they are costly and not old style. Do not think they are your Koncept model. Robinsons had some and I got one at the furniture shop about 70 meters down from the Old Kasem store on the same side before the light.

For about the last 6 years, I have tried sleeping on Thai mattresses.. without luck. I'm always getting hard as a rock foam or soft spring beds which I can feel each spring... What I want is what I was using my first 14 years here... A coconut bed or something 'old syle'.. I've tried those Chinese Cushions ( three pieces to bed), but wasn't impressed with the hardness.... Today, I blew another 8,000 baht to replace the one I had bought for 20,000 to replace the one I got for 6,000 baht...And so it goes.. I've found the same basic bed at Koncept store and every other bed place I have visited.

Hello Adjarn,

I would also strongly suggest the Sealy Postropedic Matresses. Even better if you buy the Sealy Postropedic Matress and Boxsping Set together. I used to work for Sealy in Canada and the company definitely made the best quality beds at that time. First thing I did, when I moved to Thailand, was to buy myself a Sealy Postropedic Matress again and I am very happy with it. It is firm, you can't feel the springs and they last for years and years.

A good way to protect your matress from sagging is to turn it over every few month and also turn it from end to end sometimes. That way, it will keep it shape and even firmness.

I've slept on Sealy beds since 1976, when I first worked for the company in Edmonton, Canada and never had a complaint with their beds. They are pricey though.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the Sealy idea. I will look for it near Kasems.. Kurt you sound like you love Sealy... :D

The last one I bought was a kapok style, but it is too hard.. Funny, cuz the one I remember from years ago wasn't so hard..

I bought a Sealy mattress a few years ago, but it seems like it was a 'Thai' model, and it was expensive and gave me back pains. :o

I like the Sealy Posturepedic. I bought one last year from Robinsons.

I had a good look at all the models before deciding on one of the best of the range, 10 inches thick, good layers of ticking, firm but not hard.

Best mattress that I have slept on in Thailand :o

I have been in the shop past Kasems several times but it just doesn't do anything for me.

There is something about the place that just doesn't inspire me.

That said it might be a tad cheaper than Robinsons.

No question about it... Sealy Postropedic Matresses! We bought ours at Robinsons several years ago, and it's just as firm as it was the day we bought it.

The Fly Fisherman

I had a good look at all the models before deciding on one of the best of the range, 10 inches thick, good layers of ticking, firm but not hard.

I have been in the shop past Kasems several times but it just doesn't do anything for me.

ajarn, just an idea. check out the sealy catalogues or slumberland. see what your like and think would work. check out the prices at robinsons or kasems. pm me what they are quoting you and see if i can get it for you cheaper. closely related to someone who runs a furniture shop.

TB

Well, I've had a look at a fancy brochure, and have decided on a Seely Posturpedic Ambience, priced at18,900 for the top and bottom. Said that they had priced it at 46,230 and had reduced it... :o

Ajarn, thats a good price. i'd recommend you to buy it. If and only it includes the spring box with the mattress. (top and bottom). and before you ask me how i know, from someone who deals in furniture. :D

mine is a 8 inches thick form . - soft and hard .- just like i love it..

cost me a mere 800b .

don't go for the cocnut fiber one .. cos tick grow in then easily and you get itchy - whahahahha

i love to sleep on the floor . .

i love lot of pillow .. prefer 3 and above - best is 5 pillow maybe 6 pillows even better ..

Well, I've had a look at a fancy brochure, and have decided on a Seely Posturpedic Ambience, priced at18,900 for the top and bottom. Said that they had priced it at 46,230 and had reduced it... :o

Just the mattress has been just fine for me. Saw some Sealy at Central Kaat Suan Kaew yesterday but did not check the prices. Might be worth a call.

Interesting article to me.

I want to visit Thailand for 4 weeks come Feburary, but the biggest doubt i have is the softness of the mattress. I have been to China and simply couldn't wait to get home.

I have a crook back which calls for a soft mattress. I can't bring my AUD $8000 one with me :o

Can anyone tell me about the mattress quality in motels/resorts?

I wish to visit Chiang Mai first , and if i get comfortable, could easily spend 4 weeks there.

so, bottom line is ... i am looking for a place to stay with a comfortable mattress.

does anyone know of such a place?

Regards,

WAZZA

Sydney

Interesting article to me.

I want to visit Thailand for 4 weeks come Feburary, but the biggest doubt i have is the softness of the mattress. I have been to China and simply couldn't wait to get home.

I have a crook back which calls for a soft mattress. I can't bring my AUD $8000 one with me :o

Can anyone tell me about the mattress quality in motels/resorts?

I wish to visit Chiang Mai first , and if i get comfortable, could easily spend 4 weeks there.

so, bottom line is ... i am looking for a place to stay with a comfortable mattress.

does anyone know of such a place?

Regards,

WAZZA

Sydney

Simply put, 'sealy, chiang mai' in google.com search, and you will get a bunch of hotels bragging about their sealy mattresses. :D

Simply put, 'sealy, chiang mai' in google.com search, and you will get a bunch of hotels bragging about their sealy mattresses. :D

I only seem to find 1. and for that sort of cash they can keep their sealy.

When i get there, i reckon that i will keep moving around until i find one that has a good mattress .

Cheers,

WAZZA :o

When i get there, i reckon that i will keep moving around until i find one that has a good mattress .

Cheers,

WAZZA :D

You won't find a Sealy or a Slumberland in a 200 baht / night guest house.

I can't help you because it is more than ten years since I stayed in a hotel in Chiangmai. The only other times were in "short time" joints and they certainly didn't have either of the mentioned brands.

But then again I wasn't really there to rate the mattresses :o

Cheers,

WAZZA :o

Wazza or Wazaka?

Make the Sealy even more comfortable by putting a Swedish Tempur mattress pad on top of it. (You don't need the full Tempur mattress if you already have a good foundation.) The Tempur is the best thing to hit the sleep market since the Sandman! We've had ours for three years now (as well as the small Tempur pillows) and still, each night when we lie down we sigh and groan with pleasure for the first 30 seconds. There is something about the way the Tempur molds to all the contours of your body, while the good mattress below supports you, the make an unbeatable combination.

The Fly Fisherman

This Sealy Mattress sucks! After only half a nights sleep, I have a backache and I'm so tired...

This mattress is hard as rock and lumpy. I am so tired of sleeping in my office chair, but what am I to do? :o

Make the Sealy even more comfortable by putting a Swedish Tempur mattress pad on top of it. (You don't need the full Tempur mattress if you already have a good foundation.) The Tempur is the best thing to hit the sleep market since the Sandman! We've had ours for three years now (as well as the small Tempur pillows) and still, each night when we lie down we sigh and groan with pleasure for the first 30 seconds. There is something about the way the Tempur molds to all the contours of your body, while the good mattress below supports you, the make an unbeatable combination.

The Fly Fisherman

Do they sell the mattress or the mattress pads in Thailand? :o

This thread is like some kinda mattress festish thread hwhaha a

i got mine somewhere near the chiangmai market - warorok - check out small store not those big on e..

there carry cheap mattress .. price from 800baht up i got the cheapest ..

without transport .

you can hir ea red pick up for 100 baht or so to send it for you . before you collect your mattress ,.

good luck

Gosh $8000 aud for a mattress ...

Gosh $8000 aud for a mattress ...

Yeah , and they wanted 10 grand for the base! . I thought i would spend my divorce money well and go and buy the best shaggin mattress on the market. Only problem is that i have had it 1.5 years now and it is still to be broken in. Damm 40th birthday. :o

This Sealy Mattress sucks! After only half a nights sleep, I have a backache and I'm so tired...

This mattress is hard as rock and lumpy. I am so tired of sleeping in my office chair, but what am I to do? :o

there is a mattress manufactured in thailand by the brand of HomeMatt. The matt has latex and springs in them. i have been sleeping on it for years now and always gives me a good night sleep. a little firm but not too hard on the back. you might be able to find it at kasems or look them up on the net. good part is that it doesnt come with a pricetag the likes of slumberland and sealy.