Extension apply 45 days before Chaeng Wattana?

Hi,

My Non Imm O extension for marriage expires 1-Nov. Can I renew extension at Chaeng Wattana Bangkok Imm up to 45 days before, ie now?

I'm thinking I apply now for Non Imm O retirement extension instead of marriage and they give it in same day valid thro 1-Nov next year, is this correct?

Reason I ask is I may have to travel overseas for work before 1-Nov so no time to wait for marriage extension approval period. Married with two kids btw.

Will I also be able to get a Multi exit/re-entry permit from now to 1-Nov 2017 if above is allowable?

Edited by WorriedNoodle

You can apply up to 45 days early.

Not sure about Chaeng Wattana but some immigration offices start the new extension on the date you apply you when you change the reason for your extension.

Remember that if you change to retirement the 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply if using that option.

• Like 1

At CW I always renew my extension 35 days before expiration, though I was told by one immigration officer that 45 days is acceptable. The date of the expiration, however, never changes even though you renew it early. Thus, my extension always expires on Jan 18, so that never changes. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2016 at 10:14 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply up to 45 days early.

Not sure about Chaeng Wattana but some immigration offices start the new extension on the date you apply you when you change the reason for your extension.

Remember that if you change to retirement the 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply if using that option.

The date never changes if you renew your extension for the same reason, but if you change for any reason, say from marriage to retirement and you did 35 days before expiry, then the new expiry date will be the date that you change the reason of extension.  This happen to me at CW last year, as I changed from marriage to retirement, and I did it six days before the expiration date Nov 11 instead of Nov 17, and after changing I got a new expiration date of November 11, the day that I applied for the change of extension.

So my experience is that the day you switch your reason, that will be your new expiry date.

1 hour ago, dsj said:

So my experience is that the day you switch your reason, that will be your new expiry date.

I can second this. I changed my reason three years ago and lost 4 days on my expiry date at that time.

Just been to Chaeng Wattana today to pick up my 90 day Non-0 and wanted to clarify a few things so I asked a helpful young fellow with a yellow 'Smile' shirt on and he led me to an equally helpful lady. There I was informed that I could apply for my Non-OA 45 days before and that there were only three things I needed, my Non-O, my proof of 800K and my passport-no police check, no medical check, no notarisation and none of the other random things listed on web sites.

I confess to leaving a little happier then when I went in.

Thanks. I did ask the 'helpful lady' specifically for application for a Non-OA but she supplied me with a TM.7 and information entitled 'Requirements and Documentations when applying for Extension of temporary stay in case of Retirement' which I took to be equivalent to a Non-OA of which I have a website 

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html

stating that this is indeed able to be obtained at CW.

Is there any difference between a Non-OA and a 12 month extension of stay?

22 minutes ago, bertiebee said:

Is there any difference between a Non-OA and a 12 month extension of stay?

A non-oa visa can only be applied for at a embassy or consulate in you home country and is multiple entry visa valid for on year from the date of issue that allows unlimited 1 year entries. Requirements are here.  http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

Your extension will be valid for one year and if you want to travel you will need a re-entry permit to keep it valid.

44 minutes ago, bertiebee said:

So am I correct in saying the only difference is that a Non-OA dispenses with the need to obtain a re-entry permit but the 12 month extension requires one?

An "extension of stay" is NOT a visa and cannot be compared to a visa.

5 hours ago, bertiebee said:

So am I correct in saying the only difference is that a Non-OA dispenses with the need to obtain a re-entry permit but the 12 month extension requires one?

There are many differences between the OA visa and a extension of stay.  For example the money can be in a bank outside the country for an extension the money must be in a Thai bank.

With a OA visa you also need a re-entry permit after it expires to keep the last entry from it valid.