Vegetarian Food Festivals in October.

Deserted

9 hours ago, sulasno said:

Veg food is hi so food

The topic isn't "veg food", it's "jae food", which is vegan, minus onions, garlic, spices - indeed anything that makes food tasty.  And it's eaten by people of all social classes - eaten as a spiritual discipline, rather than a personal fad.  Very different.

Isn't the discussion is on vegetarian food?

What the difference between vegetarian food found at restaurants and Temples? PRICE?

Yummy veg food served at restaurants are beyond my means; they cost more than steaks lol

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, sulasno said:

Isn't the discussion is on vegetarian food?

No, it's about the jae food, as served at the Thai-Chinese religious vegetarian food festival in Thailand held during the 9th lunar month.  Reread the first post.

It's most notably celebrated in Phuket.  You can read about the celebrations there at http://www.phuket.com/festival/vegetarian.htm

It's not particularly celebrated in Bangkok (which is probably why the OP hasn't got any leads about recommended places in Bangkok), though a fair proportion of the population there eats "jae" for the period.

23 hours ago, Oxx said:

No, it's about the jae food, as served at the Thai-Chinese religious vegetarian food festival in Thailand held during the 9th lunar month.  Reread the first post.

It's most notably celebrated in Phuket.  You can read about the celebrations there at http://www.phuket.com/festival/vegetarian.htm

It's not particularly celebrated in Bangkok (which is probably why the OP hasn't got any leads about recommended places in Bangkok), though a fair proportion of the population there eats "jae" for the period.

In the past I've seen festivals at Suan Luam night bazaar, which is no longer where it used to be. MBK, not sure if it is still there, and SCB Plaza on Ratchayothin, pretty sure that one doesn't run anymore. 

I'm told that ChinaTown is the place to go but I was hoping to find somewhere more accessible.

24 minutes ago, sulasno said:

Chinese restaurants?

No.  Jae food requires the use of a complete set of cookware used only for the cooking of jae food.  It's simply not economical for a restaurant to buy a whole loads of pots and pans just for cooking a few days a year - particularly in Bangkok, where demand is not high.

OP, the Bangkok Post has a page of special restaurant offers once a week.  Can't remember whether it's on Saturday or Sunday.  There may be entries there for restaurants promoting jae food.

51 minutes ago, sulasno said:

There is no difference between "jae" and vegetarian food

I really don't know why you continue to post on a topic about which you are clearly ignorant - and apparently haven't understood the previous replies.  Still, one last time:

"Jae" food is not just "vegetarian food" - it's a particular form of Chinese vegan food, with no strong flavours such as onion or spices.  It is eaten as a spiritual discipline, particularly during the Taoist festival of the Nine Emperor Gods.

To actually reply on-topic: yes, the festival can be observed in Chinatown (since it's a Chinese festival, this makes sense).  OP, what is inaccessible to you about Chinatown?  (I'm actually asking, not being snarky.)

I went both yesterday and today.  The food was great. 

On 9/29/2016 at 7:09 AM, Deserted said:

In the past I've seen festivals at Suan Luam night bazaar, which is no longer where it used to be. MBK, not sure if it is still there, and SCB Plaza on Ratchayothin, pretty sure that one doesn't run anymore. 

I'm told that ChinaTown is the place to go but I was hoping to find somewhere more accessible.

The MALL group has a special vegetarian food setup in all of their malls. Great food if that is more accessible.

Edited by tonray