Just a border crossing hop. don't need a full visa

Will work for most nationals.

Depending on your nationality you will get 30 or 15 days stamped for Thailand.

You don't have a long history of visa exempt entries to Thailand?

From your past posts it seems you want to realize a one year stay?

You will raise alarm with continuous border hops.

I read, maybe on this forum, that at sometime, early in August 2016, that the rules had changed again. I had a multiple entry visa. I was of the opinion that you had to leave Thailand for more than just the equivalent of a visa run. In the event, I could not be bothered with the drama came back home before the expiry of my previous entries 2 months... be really interested to hear what some people more in the know have to say about this ?

43 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

I read, maybe on this forum, that at sometime, early in August 2016, that the rules had changed again. I had a multiple entry visa. I was of the opinion that you had to leave Thailand for more than just the equivalent of a visa run. In the event, I could not be bothered with the drama came back home before the expiry of my previous entries 2 months... be really interested to hear what some people more in the know have to say about this ?

'  I had a multiple entry visa. "

Do you mean a multiple entry tourist visa (METV)? It's valid for use for six months and there is no requirement that you stay out of the country for any length of time to activate the next entry.

If you mean a two or three entry tourist visa, those are no longer available.

If you were in the country on a sixty day tourist visa entry, you could also have gone to immigrations in Thailand to get a 30 day extension of stay.

On 9/27/2016 at 11:36 PM, Suradit69 said:

'  I had a multiple entry visa. "

Do you mean a multiple entry tourist visa (METV)? It's valid for use for six months and there is no requirement that you stay out of the country for any length of time to activate the next entry.

If you mean a two or three entry tourist visa, those are no longer available.

If you were in the country on a sixty day tourist visa entry, you could also have gone to immigrations in Thailand to get a 30 day extension of stay.

He might have been trying at Cambodia.  The law in Cambodia is you must stay in Cambodia 24hrs, but this is ignored allot by officials that will accept a little tea money to forget that rule.  I know the boarder guys in Cambodia try this at Osmach boarder.  I know many guys that dont know better and pay the fine.  If you stand you ground and tell them no, you never pay they will wait a few minutes and then stamp your passport.