Time for a new phone for the Missus

watcharacters

Her Samsung S4 is starting to act up and taking it to the  authorized repair shop  did not resolve anything.

I figured she'd like a Samsung replacement but instead she has her heart set on an iPhone.    Don't they pretty much  all?   smile.gif   

I don't have an issue with her getting an iPhone but I do want her to be  aware of the possible drawbacks to it in Thailand.   She's a PC user although, naturally she thinks she wants an  Apple replacement when it's time.

I've told her about the limited repair  shop possibilities but she takes that in stride.    I've also pointed out  she can't use a micro memory card so the initial memory bought is  the end of the road.

I don't want to talk her out of it but I do want her to have full awareness.

What would you tell your wife,  GF,  or companion about the pitfalls of an Apple  compared to an Android or other phone?

TIA

show her a huawei g7

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g7-6646.php

if she is reasonably bright she'll know this is it...

just attaching a pix from my garden taken a few days ago... zoom in a bit to see the amazing detail.

... just noticed all the detail got lost in 'transition'... sad.

anyway, it's a very good phone and camera.

IMG_20160923_132024.jpg

Hum... I have both: one Iphone 6s plus and one Samsung Note 5.
I find the iphone more "flexible" or "sweet" to use, faster and less bug than the android Note 5.
As for the camera, no doubt, the note 5 makes much better photo than the iphone. I tried several times to take the same photo with both and I give up on the iphone for photos.
I am not going to buy the iphone 7 and if I have to buy another phone, i will go for android, not necesserarly a samsung.
As for laptop, i am using Mac since few years and i doubt i will go back to windows in the future.
But I believe all depend on the use you have for phones and laptops and of course budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep your wife happy and your mouth shut if she has storage issues she can download to a pc and transfer to a hard drive like everybody else.

You could also buy her the the 128 gig though I've managed fine with a 64 gig, the argument for better phones around is just that, she knows what she wants just let her have her way.....My ex Thai wife wanted a Blueberry when it was time to upgrade, i didn't try and talk her out of it i just got it for her, she soon realised it wasn't what she thought...thought in the iPhone's case it is a very good phone if you get her a 7+ she wont nag you for a iPad...think about it.

My wife's Galaxy S3 had a problem after years of great service. The screen went black. I put it in a drawer and gave her my Galaxy S5. I took the old S3 to Pattaya and got a new touch screen installed. That cost me 2,700 baht but now the phone works fine. In my phone experiences, I had two S4's die from bad mainboards. The repair shop told me they were not worth repairing but said the old S3 was worth repairing. After repairing the S3 the S5 recently died. Another main board failure. Samsung wanted 7,000 baht to replace the mainboard. My wife is now using the old S3 again.

I'm quite happy with my cheap Microsoft Lumina 640 LTE. No more wasting money on high end Samsungs. Yes, the wife wants an iPhone but no way am I buying an Apple. I told her to save her money and she could buy the iPhone herself. After she saw the iPhone prices, she is again happy with the S3.

That old S3 is a great phone and it made me a Samsung fanboy. Now after two S4's and an S5 mainboard failures, I have changed my mind and will buy no more Samsung phones. I have a cheap Samsung J1 for a spare and it is the worst cheap phone that I have. The IQ Slim 2 and the Lumina are much better than the Samsung J1. I even prefer an ancient Nokia C5 5 MP over the cheap Samsung. Other than the very small screen, the ancient Nokia is very good and has never had a problem. It takes much better pictures than the Samsung J1.

On 10/9/2016 at 10:43 AM, Gary A said:

My wife's Galaxy S3 had a problem after years of great service. The screen went black. I put it in a drawer and gave her my Galaxy S5. I took the old S3 to Pattaya and got a new touch screen installed. That cost me 2,700 baht but now the phone works fine. In my phone experiences, I had two S4's die from bad mainboards. The repair shop told me they were not worth repairing but said the old S3 was worth repairing. After repairing the S3 the S5 recently died. Another main board failure. Samsung wanted 7,000 baht to replace the mainboard. My wife is now using the old S3 again.

I'm quite happy with my cheap Microsoft Lumina 640 LTE. No more wasting money on high end Samsungs. Yes, the wife wants an iPhone but no way am I buying an Apple. I told her to save her money and she could buy the iPhone herself. After she saw the iPhone prices, she is again happy with the S3.

That old S3 is a great phone and it made me a Samsung fanboy. Now after two S4's and an S5 mainboard failures, I have changed my mind and will buy no more Samsung phones. I have a cheap Samsung J1 for a spare and it is the worst cheap phone that I have. The IQ Slim 2 and the Lumina are much better than the Samsung J1. I even prefer an ancient Nokia C5 5 MP over the cheap Samsung. Other than the very small screen, the ancient Nokia is very good and has never had a problem. It takes much better pictures than the Samsung J1.

After my wife's S5 died, I first gave her the spare Samsung phone which is a cheap J1. I figured she wouldn't be happy with that and she wasn't. Next I gave her the old S3 thinking that would be fine. She used it but complained about that also being slow. I have one more Android phone. It is an IQ Slim 2. I would have never thought that phone would be better than the trusty old S3 but she is quite happy. She says the IQ is just as fast and good as the dead S5.

ADDED - She uses Line and she is a Facebook addict as well as playing some games.

Archived