Thai standards of parenting

impartialobserver

1 minute ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Whose understanding? We're discussing Thai understanding of Thai parenting standards or Western understanding of Thai parenting standards or Western perceptions of Thai parenting standards or Western perceptions of Thai understanding of That parenting standards?

The OP outlines clearly what he wants to discuss in the opening post

On 28/09/2016 at 6:28 PM, impartialobserver said:

This has got me thinking--what exactly are the Thai standards of parenting? What makes a "good" parent in the eyes of the Thai people? What is good and bad parenting here? Is all of this lack of protectiveness seen as a good thing by the Thai people? If so, what's their rationale behind that train of thought?

Can someone explain to me how the Thai people see their responsibilities as parents?

You brought to the discussion your view that Thai's encourage children sit down on public transport while decrepit grandparents are forced to stand

Now, what's the underlying reason why decrepit grandparents are forced to stand to let children sit in Thailand?

Or have you perhaps mis-understood? Are decrepit grandparents who actually need to sit forced to stand up to allow a child to sit in Thailand? 

Mikey

49 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

What practical difference will it make whatever my perspective?

A hint: This thread is not about your perspective at all :saai: It's about the opposite :smile:

I'm sure you remember your own post: You brought to the discussion that Thai's encourage children sit down on public transport while decrepit grandparents are forced to stand

Now, what's the Thai view of why decrepit grandparents are forced to stand to let children sit in Thailand?

Or have you perhaps mis-understood? Are decrepit grandparents who actually need to sit forced to stand up to allow a child to sit in Thailand? 

2 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

A hint: This thread is not about your perspective at all :saai: It's about the opposite :smile:

I'm sure you remember your own post: You brought to the discussion that Thai's encourage children sit down on public transport while decrepit grandparents are forced to stand

Now, what's the Thai view of why decrepit grandparents are forced to stand to let children sit in Thailand?

I think this falls under the WFC bucket

Edited by SaintLouisBlues

Just now, SaintLouisBlues said:

I think this falls under the WFK bucket

If you don't know, why do you post in a thread where we discuss the Thai view of parenting? It's somewhat irritating when the OP and others discuss the Thai view of parenting and people like you who openly admit that you don't know post the opposite view of what is discussed

So, what's the Thai view of why decrepit grandparents are forced to stand to let children sit in Thailand?

Thai's are obviously smarter than SaintLouisBlues  :shock1:  If a grandparent needs to sit then she of course continues to do that and someone else that is better suitable to support this Thai tradition smilingly stands up to give up her seat

It is total nonsense that decrepit grand mothers are forced to stand to let children sit in Thailand