September 29, 20169 yr I just received a 1-year extension to my retirement visa. I came too late to apply for a multiple re-etry permit, but noticed that the queue for re-entry permits was extremely long. While waiting, I noticed that Immigration now has an online application system. I tried it this morning. My experience echos many of the complaints I have heard about the 90-day online reporting system. I went to the Immigration web site and clicked on the link "Book Appointment to Apply for Re-Entry Permit into the Kingdom". I then got a message saying that applications could only be submitted using Internet Explorer. After a bit of searching, I discovered that I do have Internet Explorer loaded on my laptop. so I went back to the Immigration web site and clicked the link again. I then got a warning message saying that there is a problem with the web site's registration. IE gave me the option to disregard the warning, which I did. I was then directed to a long and confusing set of instructions with a check box and an option to "Accept" or "Decline" at the bottom. After accepting, I then got a page asking me to fill in relevant information. After completing the form, I clicked "Submit", which then brought up a screen saying "If you have further questions, please contact your nearest Immigration office." I submitted the form twice more with identical results. Has anyone achieved success with this online application system?
September 23, 20179 yr I did my annual extension of stay/multiple re-entry permit shuffle at Chaeng Watthana yesterday and noticed the signage for this new service capability. Had I known about previously I would have made an appointment, although the timing can be challenging if you have other pre-dependent tasks (like ext. of stay first). It seems like it could save at least one hour - my wait to pay first, and retrieve passport was ~ 1:15 (10:15 AM - 11:30 AM). I did see some people going to the "on-line appointment" station (C2) a few times, but not sure if they had actually utilized that service?
September 23, 20179 yr I know the online appointment system for reentry permits existed in the past but, when the immigration extranet went down, that service became unavailable along with it. It will certainly be good news if it has actually started working reliably.
September 23, 20179 yr It is possible to access the site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term But if not using Internet Explorer or have an extension installed to emulate it you will get this message. Using IE Tab on Chrome I don't get the message. Edit: Tried filling out the first page without IE Tab enabled and was unable to complete the page. The message kept coming up also. Edited September 23, 20179 yr by ubonjoe
September 23, 20179 yr I can get through the "Acknowldgement" page and on to the first "Appointment" page (four options) and to the first of the "Make an Appointment" pages using MSIE. I didn't proceed further.
Create an account or sign in to comment