Swedish F1 driver crashes into chicken in Thailand

webfact

Swedish F1 driver crashes into chicken in Thailand

by Maria Jønsson 

sw.png

Photos from Marcus Ericsson’s Twitter profile

BANGKOK: -- Swedish Formula1 driver Marcus Ericsson has had a biking accident inThailand.

When he was attending a boot camp ahead of this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix, Marcus Ericsson fell from his bike because of a big chicken being in the way.

The Swedish driver first wrote on his Twitter that hitting a (big) chicken going 45 km/h is not to recommend, after which he wrote “Believe it or not the chicken kept running!! Not sure what they feed the chickens in Thailand because that was a big hit!”

Full story: http://scandasia.com/swedish-f1-driver-crashes-into-chicken-in-thailand/

-- ScandAsia 2016-09-29

39 minutes ago, trogers said:

Thank his lucky star it was not a buffalo...

Highly unlikely occurrence. As most of the nation's buffaloes are chronically ill and in the infirmary. Hence the sacrifice of countless young Thai women working nights in BKK, Pattaya etc. to help the sick buffaloes. Bless them. How selfless. 

I had a friend who hit a chicken with his motor scooter. He wasn't badly hurt but he lost a lot of skin, very painful. Advice to the two wheeler riders, both bicycles and motor bikes. It is instinct to swerve but always try to remember to keep in a straight line. If you run over the creature you are not likely to go down. And yes, I have hit chickens with my motor bike and stayed upright.

4 hours ago, HoboKay said:

That's probably the only time you'd see Formula 1 and Thailand being associated positively.

What happened to the 2014 formula 1 grand prix that was suppose to be held in BKK.  I thought the government in early 2011 had it all sewn up and Thailand was the new G.P hub.

38 minutes ago, Thechook said:

What happened to the 2014 formula 1 grand prix that was suppose to be held in BKK.  I thought the government in early 2011 had it all sewn up and Thailand was the new G.P hub.

Never knew Thailand had serious motorsports ambitions, if memory serves me correctly there is no infrastructure in place to host the Formula 1 circus even now, apart from the Chang International Circuit  track (supposed FIA Grade A) at Buriram, the hospitality services in the immediate vicinity is still as barren as it was when the track first opened in 2014.