Everything expats love (or not) at 2-day... Expat Fair!

webfact

Everything expats love (or not) at 2-day... Expat Fair!

By Khaosod English -

expatfair-408x420.jpg

Processed meats, cheese and bags with environmentally friendly slogans – something for all of our expat friends.

BANGKOK — We’ve got expats. We’ve got fairs. Expat-Fairs?

That’s right, Bangkok will celebrate its cherished resident aliens with two days of everything they know and love – at least as imagined by the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

As everyone knows, all expats love Christy & Jonas. They are like expat royalty. What, never heard of them? Thais adore this Dutch-Swedish luk thung duo. 

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/entertainment/2016/09/29/everything-expats-love-not-2-day-expat-fair/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-29

As everyone knows, all expats love Christy & Jonas. They are like expat royalty. What, never heard of them? Thais adore this Dutch-Swedish luk thung duo. What about funny man Andrew Biggs and 2005 Miss Universe Natalie Glebova? They will be present for Expat Cooking Demo and Expat Interview activities.

Natalie Glebova will be there, hope she brings her friend with her.1475137982701.jpg.df1f08f3db0d198ebabbff

................ Remember, expat doesn’t only mean farang(and by farang we mean white people) ...........

I shudder to think what they call natives of North America, Africa or the Middle East!!

Imagine a fair in London, New York, Sydney etc etc and it was billed as "Remember, expat doesn't only mean foreigner (and by foreigner we mean yellow people)"

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

This must be some sort of event to replace the hallowed Ploenchit Fair, I guess now made impossible due to the shrinking British presence in Bangkok. Hope it works. No mention of the venue or dates, strange :(

If you had bothered to  read the full article you would have seen this: 

Expat Fair runs 11am to 9pm on Saturday and noon to 9pm on Sunday at “Fragrant Park,” just down from BTS Thong Lo exit No. 2

Edited by monspencer

Will all the expats attending have to fill out a questionnaire detailing personal information ?

I'm sure knowing parents names and the form fillers bank account details etc will be as of much value to the TAT as it is to Immigration.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

It does sound like a "must go" event.  Must remember to take my passport, driving licence, house book and Personal Information Form and a wad full of cash with me just in case I get stopped by anyone in uniform, whether real or fake, as I would like to return home on the same day as arriving there.  It does make all us ex-pats feel really warm and cozy inside though, as some of us were beginning to feel, obviously mistakenly,  as if we are not really welcome here. Just goes to show.......leave it to TAT to put the record straight!

3 hours ago, ebonykap said:

I actually registered online for this event....silly me!

When I saw the events included a Japanese cooking demo and Indian dancing, I decided I would be otherwise occupied on the weekend.

Aaaah, but they've got your details! They'll send the troops round to 'adjust your attitude' for not turning up.

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Uhhh.... I think I'll pass.  Thanks TAT.  :ph34r:

Yes TAT finally figured out that we do exist. Thanks for the phony fair. Do something useful upgrade your archiac immigration system. Sorry I forgot this is their way of saying thanks for all the dough we drop here. Maybe we could have a annual Expats holiday on the calendar. Sorry forget that I already have 365 of those. 

What a bullshit is it? After 21 year here, absolutly legal (work permit, visa and paid always my tax), I feel real discriminate, all the question...I miss only questions about my pet...how many times I use the toilet...how many times I make love with my wife...the TAT must ask before organize a EXPAT FAIR several expat about theyr situation.

Many of my friends leave Thailand already because the quite bad situation.

well what a miserable lot of old gits on here, why dont you make an effort just to have a look everyone of you is slagging this event off, for what reason, even without giving it a chance. yes you know where the door is, ok. wonder why some of you are still here.

So it's this Weekend or last Weekend, I'm not clear. You'd have to be very stupid to think you're gonna be accepted here after 10-20 years. The Issan people have been here for much longer, as have the Malaysians. None of them are really Thai. They have Thai citizenship, but they're not really Thai. To be Thai you have to be connected into the hierarchical system.

23 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well what a miserable lot of old gits on here, why dont you make an effort just to have a look everyone of you is slagging this event off, for what reason, even without giving it a chance. yes you know where the door is, ok. wonder why some of you are still here.

Well said. I live within very close and just walked past the event about an hour ago. It was very crowded with foreigners of every colour and race, very festive atmosphere and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I bet it is going to be even more in the evening.