Tsunami, The Aftermath (bbc Tuesday 9.00pm)

mittheimp

Sorry, i don't recieve BBC2 here in Thailand.

not everyone lives in Thailand though! and i think you can download a lot of bbc programmes from their website after the programmes have been shown.

And it will doubtless appear on that file sharing site we're not allowed to mention :o

Overall the first part wasn't bad (there were a few issues i had with it). Looks like the second part will concentrate a lot on the way Thai fishing villages were largely ignored during and after the disaster. I can't quite believe the British embassy were quite as incompetent as portrayed though!

Overall the first part wasn't bad (there were a few issues i had with it). Looks like the second part will concentrate a lot on the way Thai fishing villages were largely ignored during and after the disaster. I can't quite believe the British embassy were quite as incompetent as portrayed though!

Went to the pub half way through it.......didnt do anyone any favours...portrayed the Thais as thick.and .Brits stupid...maybe a common denominator ... :o ...

will give it 10 minutes (sip natee) next week......

I haven't seen the report, but i can assure you that during the tsunami every single embassy here excelled in incompetence.

The worst part was an agreement between the different foreign embassies was attempting to silence every screw up of the Thai government, of which there were plentyful. So you still had embassies assuring everybody that there were no mass graves in Thailand when already photos of those were published worldwide.

It also helped supporting the myth the Thai government spread that in Thailand only not more than 8000 people died, while everybody who has been working down there during the most crucial first days knows that far more have died in Thailand. My estimate is somewhere around 20 000 to 30 000 dead in Thailand, which got confirmed during a private conversation with a high ranking Thai civil servant.

I'd like to get a copy of this program.

Where are you Wolfie?

It's on the 'coming soon' list of that UK p2p site, I'll download it when it appears, it will then be on the local Thai hub that we're also not allowed to mention :o

I'd like to get a copy of this program.

Where are you Wolfie?

It's on the 'coming soon' list of that UK p2p site, I'll download it when it appears, it will then be on the local Thai hub that we're also not allowed to mention :D

hi,could you please pm me the name of this secret thaifile sharing hub! :o many thanks

From the previews that I've read it does at least show up the British Embassy for the (expletives deleted) that we know them to be.

that about sums it up

the british embassy running around looking busy and caring but no one ready to commit themselves to any serious decisions just fobbing and pissing people off.

in fact if this programme is any where near a true account, then all the reps of the british and thai governments need training properly.

next week looks interesting we will apparently get an insight into the land grabbing and displacement of the poorer thai villagers and some underhanded deals from the thai government

officials.

will we find out what happened to the 100million collected in the uk given to the red cross of which taxin refused saying thailand could look after themselves.