Absolute best island or beach resort in Thailand.

performance

That's an impossible question to answer.

Need more info.

Do you need:-

easy or hard to get to

by air or ferry, or on the mainland

quiet, or under a flight path/ next to an all night karaoke

rustic or luxury

budget- max and min

discos and night clubs, or nothing

Bars or nothing

local transport options

shops

tours

hospitals

room on the sand, or multi story hotel

sea view or garden view

on a hill, or on the flat

quiet beach, or jet skis and parasailing

beach massage

lots of restaurants or just a few

beach with lots of resorts or hardly any

horse riding

long beaches for walks, or just a short beach

golden sand or brown sand or mud/ mangroves

hotel entertainment

room service

room cleaning

AC or fan

hot water shower

western toilet

secluded/ among trees or not

pool/ horizon pool

I could go on, but you get the idea.

I might "piggy-back" this thread as I am also interested......so with "thaibeachlovers" criteria....here are my wants:

I have my own car so can drive there..

A few bars, no discos or nightclubs....

Sea and garden view with hills in the vicinity.....

Quiet beach, long for good walks and no jet skis..

A few restaurants to choose from....

A pool with a handy bar close by....(pool bar)...

Local entertainment (hotel)...

That's about it.....I am living in the bush about two and a half hours drive WSW from Bangkok.....so any suggestions will be welcomed.

Cheers.

SAMED

no life like it

easy o to get to ferry,

quiet,

rustic or luxury

budget- max and min

discos 

Bars or nothing

local transport options

shops

tours

room on the sand, 

sea view 

quiet beach, 

beach massage

long beaches for walks, 

golden sand 

hotel entertainment

room cleaning

AC 

hot water shower

western toilet

pool/ horizon pool

Koh Ngai, no cars/traffic, long beach, no disco's etc, several nice hotels along the beachfront and most have their own bars/ restaurants so you can go to different ones as you like. Day trips on boats if you want to get off the island, nice pools in the hotels, very quiet and you have several different options for accommodation from beach front rooms with their own small pools to ones set back in the trees, we go there for a few days when we can get away and it is totally relaxing.

On 9/30/2016 at 8:11 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

That's an impossible question to answer.

Need more info.

Do you need:-

easy or hard to get to

by air or ferry, or on the mainland

quiet, or under a flight path/ next to an all night karaoke

rustic or luxury

budget- max and min

discos and night clubs, or nothing

Bars or nothing

local transport options

shops

tours

hospitals

room on the sand, or multi story hotel

sea view or garden view

quiet beach, or jet skis and parasailing

beach massage

horse riding

long beaches for walks, or just a short beach

golden sand or brown sand or mud/ mangroves

hotel entertainment

room service

room cleaning

AC or fan

hot water shower

western toilet

pool/ horizon pool

I could go on, but you get the idea.

ha ha. I think the 'western toilet' item is a given... OP is asking about the best of the best. I hardly think he would be satisfied if he checks into the room and walks into the bathroom to see a hole in the floor. Thailand is not India. cheers

On 30.9.2016 at 10:16 PM, Rsquared said:

I might "piggy-back" this thread as I am also interested......so with "thaibeachlovers" criteria....here are my wants:

I have my own car so can drive there..

A few bars, no discos or nightclubs....

Sea and garden view with hills in the vicinity.....

Quiet beach, long for good walks and no jet skis..

A few restaurants to choose from....

A pool with a handy bar close by....(pool bar)...

Local entertainment (hotel)...

That's about it.....I am living in the bush about two and a half hours drive WSW from Bangkok.....so any suggestions will be welcomed.

Cheers.

You would possibly like Khao Lak Paradise Resort, secluded at the southern end of the beach. Advance booking recommanded, even now during raining season. Nice drive too.

Pimalai resort - Ko lanta 

I think you could ditch the beach and just hang out on your own villa in the hills with private pool - golf cart chauffeur, private van to speedboat from the airport - private butler, prolly chef if you asked nicely.

I am a resort manager and will not tell you that i work in a veritable Idyl... i get to look at the sea most of the day, i walk in incredible gardens and talk to relaxed people....   I dont want any more customers at our resort. !!  Self catering, it is a magnet for european families on My tropical Island . :)

51 minutes ago, rollrunna said:

I am a resort manager and will not tell you that i work in a veritable Idyl... i get to look at the sea most of the day, i walk in incredible gardens and talk to relaxed people....   I dont want any more customers at our resort. !!  Self catering, it is a magnet for european families on My tropical Island . :)

"Self catering" - Is it a trailer park?

10 hours ago, FredNL said:

Try Koh Rupt or Koh Trash...

I hear Koh DonBlu has really good restaurants and afterwards you could try Koh Pulant to lose some weight but stay away from Koh Leonie as it is run by the Mafia

5 hours ago, luckytrev said:

I hear Koh DonBlu has really good restaurants and afterwards you could try Koh Pulant to lose some weight but stay away from Koh Leonie as it is run by the Mafia

and Koh kerkola is also nice

18 hours ago, seajae said:

Koh Ngai, no cars/traffic, long beach, no disco's etc, several nice hotels along the beachfront and most have their own bars/ restaurants so you can go to different ones as you like. Day trips on boats if you want to get off the island, nice pools in the hotels, very quiet and you have several different options for accommodation from beach front rooms with their own small pools to ones set back in the trees, we go there for a few days when we can get away and it is totally relaxing.

Having visited there 3 years ago, I add my vote to this suggestion---especially CoCo Cottage on the NE side of the island. Ideal!  

I was very impressed with Koh Lipe, I heard a lot of moaning about it and I went in low season a year back and beach and sea were damn lovely. Had some cheap-ish kind of places and smart looking resort-y type places too.

I got upgraded to a beachside hut, baracuda resort, I think from one of their other places (rennovating) and it was tremendous. No cars, small place, easy to walk around, lovely beach (on one side in particular) and sea looked fantastic even in low season

I've done most of all the popular beaches in Thailand other than the ones in the deep south that have become popular over the last few years and i've enjoyed and liked almost all them. 

It really depends how easily your are pleased and i'm usually happy with nice weather and a beer in hand with some food close by. Now once the kids are happy i'm happy. I was in Pattaya this year for the first time since 2006 and the sand  down the bottom of the beach road around soi 2 -7 was nice. If they just employed a few people to clean the rubbish, it would be even better. 

I can't give an opinion about the best beach side resorts but i used to love Charlie's huts on Chewang beach. Long gone now but i've great memories of them. 

Archived