Pink Floyd alum Roger Waters slams Trump, Mexican president

webfact

On 10/1/2016 at 10:02 AM, Ulysses G. said:

No, because they are anti-Semitic hypocrites and Roger Waters is one too.

U G, you are such a knee-jerk apologist for Israel that you really should declare your bias..

For example, JT is Jewish and does not conceal that fact. We know this and it forms a basis to assess his statements on Israel.

You seem to fall into the "My country, right or wrong" camp, except Israel is not your country. You are American... Shades of Sean Hannity re Trump.

At least we agree on the drug war issue. Maybe we should get high together and talk geo-politics. :shock1:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, bobbin said:

U G, you are such a knee-jerk apologist for Israel that you really should declare your bias.

My bias is that I despise Islamic Terrorism and value democracy. I have studied the history of Israel in depth and have come to the conclusion that the Palestinians are responsible for most of their own problems.

IMO, Waters is a talented musician with some very hateful political views.

Edited by Ulysses G.

14 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

What a succinct observation.

roger the only reason you have that stage is because of the music. Frankly nobody gives two hoots what you think about politics, it is a private matter how you vote. If you want to enter politics, give up flogging the 20 year old record you helped make and become one. If you want to be a musician be one but stick to what you are good at and don't mix the two.

FYI I also do not like David Gilmours political views but I don't get them thrown down my throat when I pay to go and see him. Gotta respect that plus he is an awesome musician having turned what would likely have been a soon forgotten 6 chord dirge into one of the most revered songs of the Floyd repartee containing perhaps the greatest solo ever recorded.

You can't separate the music from the politics, the human condition with Roger.He's giving his views on life with every album, concept albums. That's the type of artist he is, engaged with the world. One may disagree with his opinions in which case ignore him but he's not writing and performing just for light enfertainment, he expects more from his fellow man.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

You can't separate the music from the politics, the human condition with Roger.He's giving his views on life with every album, concept albums. That's the type of artist he is, engaged with the world. One may disagree with his opinions in which case ignore him but he's not writing and performing just for light enfertainment, he expects more from his fellow man.

You can my friend.

singing about whatever political issue tickles your fancy is ok as people may like the song but not the words.

standing on stage where you have been paid a significant amount of money to entertain those who have paid you then using that stage to spout off your political beliefs is wrong wrong wrong.

we expect more from him; I.e. To act like a responsible adult and to undertake that for which he has been remunerated. Nothing more nothing less.

1 hour ago, The Dark Lord said:

You can my friend.

singing about whatever political issue tickles your fancy is ok as people may like the song but not the words.

standing on stage where you have been paid a significant amount of money to entertain those who have paid you then using that stage to spout off your political beliefs is wrong wrong wrong.

we expect more from him; I.e. To act like a responsible adult and to undertake that for which he has been remunerated. Nothing more nothing less.

What Roger Waters means by entertainment may differ from yours. He wants to raise people's awareness of certain issues, therefore songs, light shows, backcloths, speeches may all be fair medium he can use in his mind.

He may consider political issues as inseparable from life.

4 hours ago, bannork said:

What Roger Waters means by entertainment may differ from yours. He wants to raise people's awareness of certain issues, therefore songs, light shows, backcloths, speeches may all be fair medium he can use in his mind.

He may consider political issues as inseparable from life.

True but if standing on an auditorium spouting off your political beliefs is entertainment why are they not selling tickets to the Tory party conference? It is entertaining  as was the labour conference  but neither compare to the entertainment derived from the current US presidential race.

all super entertaining however they are not  advertised as musical venues they are advertised as political conferences and the likes. so the likes of Bob Geldorf, Roger Waters, Cumberpatch, sootie & Sweep and all those leftie luvvies who believe that they have some inalienable right to spout off left wing crap at music events should either change venue or shut the f....k up.

The point is with all their wealth ( and all these clowns are wealthy) it is so damned easy to have an opinion supporting the poor underprivelidged and downtrodden fellow man then jump into your private jet and bugger off to your fortress like mansion on some tax advantageous island and forget the world ( for world read reality) even exists.

Meanwhile Joe soap ( you and me) end up paying for the nonsense and living with the consequences.

i am bored knocking my head against the wall on this subject now. Let's drop it so

last comment from me in this section, life is too short. 

I believe the people who went to see him and the other old ones in the desert recently expressed their ongoing desire to hear his rantings and political viewpoints at his concert for which they had paid obscenely high ticket prices.

Quo erat demonstradum ( sorry bat the spelling) 

Edited by The Dark Lord
Auto spell corrector again!