Non - o supporting son visa

Hi all

I have another question regarding non - o visiting son visa. I hear different stories all the time. Anyway I went to Thai embassy in laos and applied for a single entry non -o which I got no problem, cos I was told I couldn't apply multiple entry there. Now could have I got a multiple entry there? 
You see I have heard that I now need to go to local immigration and apply for multiple non - o there 15 days before this current visa expires, the problem is I'm due to go to work in about a week so that's this visa void!!
The problem is I work offshore and sometimes I'm home here in Thai for 6 weeks and next time it could be 4+ months, this time I only got the non - o 2 weeks ago so I'm wasting the visa really plus time and money going to Laos. Would I need to go through the same process and go to Laos again then wait until 15 days and go to immigration and then apply for the multiple? But the same could happen again I could get the non - o then get called back to work. Previous before I got the non - o I was just on 30 day then 30 day extension at immigration so had no option but to go Laos. 
Can some one please explain to me exactly what to do. 

Cheers 

Scott
Edited by scottyp1980

• No you can't get a Multiple Entry from the Thai Embassy in Laos.
  • You could get a Multiple Entry Non 'O' from Penang Laos as long as you can show at least 400K in the bank.
  • As you've already used the Non 'O' it doesn't matter what the expiry date is.
  • You will have been granted permission to stay for 90 days when you last entered. You can buy a re-entry permit for 1,000 baht, but that's only of use if you plan to exit and return with more than 30 days left of the original 90. Re-entry permits don't add time.
  • If you leave without a re-entry permit your current 90 days stay will end and you'll need a new Non 'O'.
  • If you are the legal parent of your son (by court) you could apply for a 1 year extension of stay as his parent, at an immigration office, as long as you can show a certified income of 40K pm or have 400K in the bank. You can only apply within 30 (maybe 45) days of a 90 day Non 'O' entry. Once you have the extension you can buy a Multiple Entry Re-entry Permit for 3,800 baht that will allow you to come and go as often as you want within the year.
Edited by elviajero

9 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • No you can't get a Multiple Entry from the Thai Embassy in Laos.
  • You could get a Multiple Entry Non 'O' from Penang Laos as long as you can show at least 400K in the bank.
  • As you've already used the Non 'O' it doesn't matter what the expiry date is.
  • You will have been granted permission to stay for 90 days when you last entered. You can buy a re-entry permit for 1,000 baht, but that's only of use if you plan to exit and return with more than 30 days left of the original 90. Re-entry permits don't add time.
  • If you leave without a re-entry permit your current 90 days stay will end and you'll need a new Non 'O'.
  • If you are the legal parent of your son (by court) you could apply for a 1 year extension of stay as his parent, at an immigration office, as long as you can show a certified income of 40K pm or have 400K in the bank. You can only apply within 30 (maybe 45) days of a 90 day Non 'O' entry. Once you have the extension you can buy a Multiple Entry Re-entry Permit for 3,800 baht that will allow you to come and go as often as you want within the year.

Thanks for the reply. 

Ok so that is correct you can't get multiple from Laos!

so I can go to Penang once I return from work in 4-5 weeks when I do leave for work and will get a multiple non- o there on that trip?

I do understand since I've used my visa it doesn't matter what the expiry date is.

i wasn't aware though that I could buy a re-entry permit if I was to return within 30 days, and what is the procedure for doing this? Go to immigration I take it?

how long is the procedure through the courts to get legal status for my son? And again what is the procedure? We are not married just to inform you. I have no problem showing the funds.

thanks for the info and hopefully you can answer the rest of my queries.

Cheers 

scott

You can get the multiple entry non-o visa in Penang based upon being the parent of at Thai. Savannakhet Laos will not do one.

If you get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry from your non-o visa you will stamped in the same date got when you entered the country using the visa.

You can apply for the re-entry permit at a immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok when leaving the country.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get the multiple entry non-o visa in Penang based upon being the parent of at Thai. Savannakhet Laos will not do one.

If you get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry from your non-o visa you will stamped in the same date got when you entered the country using the visa.

You can apply for the re-entry permit at a immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok when leaving the country.

Hi ubonjoe

thanks again for your reply. 

So if I was to go to Penang when I return from work I'd get a multiple non -o from there, not only the 90 day single entry?

also what's the process for proving the funds?

is it 400k or 40k per month in Penang also?

also cos I work offshore and could only be here say 3 weeks of course the visa wouldn't be required, but if I was not working for an extended period let's say I entered on 30 day visa got an extension at immigration for another 30 days (like this time), then went to Laos for example sake would I have no problem getting this single non - o again? 

And is there a set amount of times I can do this?

i hope you understand what I mean, and hopefully you can answer my question.  

Also if you don't mind what is the procedure for going through the courts to prove I'm the legal father of my kid since we are not married?

timescale etc?

do you know?

cheers again ubonjoe

scott

Edited by scottyp1980

11 hours ago, scottyp1980 said:

Hi ubonjoe

thanks again for your reply. 

So if I was to go to Penang when I return from work I'd get a multiple non -o from there, not only the 90 day single entry?

also what's the process for proving the funds?

is it 400k or 40k per month in Penang also?

also cos I work offshore and could only be here say 3 weeks of course the visa wouldn't be required, but if I was not working for an extended period let's say I entered on 30 day visa got an extension at immigration for another 30 days (like this time), then went to Laos for example sake would I have no problem getting this single non - o again? 

And is there a set amount of times I can do this?

i hope you understand what I mean, and hopefully you can answer my question.  

Also if you don't mind what is the procedure for going through the courts to prove I'm the legal father of my kid since we are not married?

timescale etc?

do you know?

cheers again ubonjoe

scott

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Penang.  The visa would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

You can show 400k baht in a bank. It does not have to be in a Thai bank (bank book/statesmen). Or you could show proof of at least 40k baht income (pay slips, bank book/statement showing the funds going in and etc).

You could get as many single entry non-o visas as you want to. Some people are staying here on them and getting a 60 day extension of each 90 day entry to visit their child.

Info for legitimizing your parent hood can be found in this topic.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Penang.  The visa would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

You can show 400k baht in a bank. It does not have to be in a Thai bank (bank book/statesmen). Or you could show proof of at least 40k baht income (pay slips, bank book/statement showing the funds going in and etc).

You could get as many single entry non-o visas as you want to. Some people are staying here on them and getting a 60 day extension of each 90 day entry to visit their child.

Info for legitimizing your parent hood can be found in this topic.

Ok that's great info thanks for your help again.

i will have a look at the link regarding how to gain legitimate parenthood!

do I need to get the payslips or bank statements authorised by anyone, like UK embassy, or a letter from then proving its a true income etc?

thanks

scott

10 minutes ago, scottyp1980 said:

do I need to get the payslips or bank statements authorised by anyone, like UK embassy, or a letter from then proving its a true income etc?

They should accept the original of your proof of income. Getting a income letter from the UK embassy would be the best proof to show. You can apply for it by mail. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They should accept the original of your proof of income. Getting a income letter from the UK embassy would be the best proof to show. You can apply for it by mail. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Ok that's brilliant. I will have a look at that now. 

Not sure what option to go with yet ,the single entry to Laos which would do me for 90 + 60 days anyway would probably suit me due to work but then again one trip to Penang would save me that 2 days hassle. 

So just to clarify if I was to enter Thai after my trip offshore I would get 30 days obviously, would I be able to get 30 day extension at immigration and if need be and work hasn't called go to Laos and get the single non- o every time??

thx again 

Scott

15 minutes ago, scottyp1980 said:

Ok that's brilliant. I will have a look at that now. 

Not sure what option to go with yet ,the single entry to Laos which would do me for 90 + 60 days anyway would probably suit me due to work but then again one trip to Penang would save me that 2 days hassle. 

So just to clarify if I was to enter Thai after my trip offshore I would get 30 days obviously, would I be able to get 30 day extension at immigration and if need be and work hasn't called go to Laos and get the single non- o every time??

thx again 

Scott

One trip to Penang would take of all your entries and stays for a year.

You can get another single entry non-o whenever you need it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yep that's very true and seems the easiest. 

Scott

4 hours ago, scottyp1980 said:

• You could extend a 30 day Visa Exempt entry by 30 days for tourism or 60 days to visit your son.
  • There is no limit of the number on Single Entry Non 'O's you could get from Laos, but your best option would be to get a Multiple Entry from Penang.

10 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • You could extend a 30 day Visa Exempt entry by 30 days for tourism or 60 days to visit your son.
  • There is no limit of the number on Single Entry Non 'O's you could get from Laos, but your best option would be to get a Multiple Entry from Penang.

I never realised I could get 60 day extension on 30 day exempt. But you are correct the Penang option is by far the best option, snd I can come and go to and from work as much times in the year. 

Thanks for your input

scott